The Department of Defense Enterprise Software Initiative (DoD ESI) and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) have awarded Microsoft a $1.76 billion, five-year indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide innovative enterprise services to the DoD, Intelligence Community and U.S. Coast Guard, enabling and accelerating the DoD digital transformation strategy and pivot to the cloud, ultimately enhancing mission success.
[msce_cta layout=”image_center” align=”center” linktype=”blue” linkurl=”https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/enterprise/government?wt.mc_id=AID723261_QSG_SCL_326300″ linkscreenreadertext=”find out more about Microsoft in Government” linktext=”Find out more about Microsoft in Government” ][/msce_cta]
This Microsoft Services IDIQ will allow us to help enable these government agencies to both accelerate their adoption of cloud solutions, while also helping drive transformation throughout their organizations.
With over 40 years of experience and partnership with the DoD built on trust, the IDIQ expands the relationship to make the following Microsoft engineering and technology strategy support available, including:
- Enterprise-wide and organization-specific architectural planning, solution design and innovation, and infrastructure optimization
- Implementation, deployment and knowledge transfer of Microsoft products, cloud technologies and network solutions support
- Access to technical support, problem resolution, solution workshops, strategic guidance
- Assistance to customers with technical issues pertaining to developing cloud, intranet, internet strategies, prototyping and implementation and development of solutions spanning infrastructure and application areas.
Access to these services will enable the DoD to gain the hands-on support they need to quickly adopt the latest enterprise-class innovations, extend them all the way to the tactical edge, and optimize their general-purpose cloud to support the missions of the DoD, Intelligence Community and U.S. Coast Guard.
Today’s IDIQ award is directed by the DoD ESI, an official DoD initiative sponsored by the Defense Department’s chief information officer to lead in establishing and managing enterprise commercial-off-the-shelf information technology agreements, assets and policies. DoD ESI lowers the total cost of ownership across the DoD, Coast Guard and Intelligence Community for commercial software, IT hardware and services.
For official details about the contract, please visit the DoD’s contracts site for January 11, 2019.
For additional information about Microsoft’s commitment to empower government agencies to transform, modernize, innovate, gain efficiencies and cost savings, and achieve their missions while meeting rigorous security and compliance requirements please:
- Discover why 80 percent of U.S. government agencies use Azure and get started with Microsoft’s cloud
- Download our Defense Cloud e-book