The Microsoft Language Portal Materials License
BY USING THE MLP MATERIALS, YOU ACCEPT AND COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE MLP MATERIALS.
a. Use Rights. Microsoft grants you a non-exclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free, license to use, copy, and distribute the MLP Materials. For any MLP Materials you distribute, you must:
- require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect it at least as much as this agreement
- display your valid copyright notice on your programs/documents;
- indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs /documents; and
- include the following notice with distributions of the MLP Materials: “Entry from the Microsoft Language Portal. © 2018 [or applicable year] Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.”
- For the use of the Terminology API at http://api.terminology.microsoft.com/terminology.svc , you must include the following notice: “Microsoft Terminology API. © 2018 [or applicable year] Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.”
b. Distribution Restrictions. You may not:
- alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the MLP Materials;
- use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs or documents’ names or in a way that suggests your programs or documents come from or are endorsed by Microsoft; or
- include MLP Materials in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs or documents.
2. SCOPE OF LICENSE.The MLP Materials are licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the MLP Materials. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the MLP Materials only as expressly permitted in this agreement. You may not (i) publish the MLP Materials for others to copy; or (ii) sell, rent, lease or lend the MLP Materials in whole.
3. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The MLP Materials are subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the MLP Materials. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting .
4. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because the MLP Materials are “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
5. APPLICABLE LAW.
- United States. If you acquired the MLP Materials in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
- Outside the United States. If you acquired the MLP Materials in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
6. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the MLP Materials. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE MLP MATERIALS ARE LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. This limitation applies to
- anything related to the services and content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs or documents; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.