Software Support Engineering
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Leap Program is following Microsoft company guidance to make decisions about events and in-person learning. Microsoft is committed to supporting Leap Program apprenticeships. We’re actively monitoring the progress of the COVID-19 situation, and its impact to our sponsorships, cohort dates, and apprenticeship interviews. Please follow us on our Leap Program LinkedIn page for any upcoming cohort updates. We apologize for the delay and will provide dates as soon as we’re able.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
NOTE: These cohort training programs occur in Nigeria and are only open to Nigerian citizens who reside within Nigeria.
As a Software Support Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team to help locate, isolate, and troubleshoot to find bugs, edge-cases, and workarounds. You’ll learn how to connect to customers to help program managers and UX designers create and deliver solutions.
Software Support Engineering Apprenticeship
Those applying to the Software Support Engineering Apprenticeship program with the Leap Program should have completed and graduated from their studies more than six months prior to their application, and have completed National Youth Corp Service (NYSC). You must also be a citizen of Nigeria to qualify. Additional eligibility requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or HND Degree of any discipline. Computer Science is an advantage
- At least 6+ months of professional technical experience after boot camp or degree completion
- Must have completed National Youth Service Corps obligation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively, in a professional manner with technical & non-technical staff (both verbal & written)
- Prior professional work experience (tech or non-tech industry)
- Passion for technology and learning
- Adaptability to work independently and part of a team bringing in experts when needed
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions such as Azure, Microsoft Dynamics, and M365 is an advantage
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Ready to Apply?
Be sure your application is complete before submitting.
Read through the entire application process to make sure things are in order and that you understand what is expected of applicants and participants. Performing Quality Assurance (QA) on your application is a good first step in pursuing a tech role!
Upcoming Software Support Engineering Cohorts
Currently, there are no open cohort application dates officially announced. Check back often for updates.
Follow us on the Leap journey.
Follow the Leap program on social media. We post announcements of upcoming cohorts, application dates, and photos of our amazing participants.