Technical Program Management
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Leap Program is following Microsoft company guidance to make decisions about events and in-person learning. Microsoft is committed to supporting Leap Program apprenticeships. We’re actively monitoring the progress of the COVID-19 situation, and its impact to our sponsorships, cohort dates, and apprenticeship interviews. Please follow us on our Leap Program LinkedIn page for any upcoming cohort updates. We apologize for the delay and will provide dates as soon as we’re able.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you’ll work as part of a development team to implement solutions on impactful projects. You’ll learn software engineering and program management fundamentals to enable you to work across the full stack of Microsoft products. In the Leap program, students gain real world experience along with classroom instruction.
Technical Program Management Apprenticeship
Those applying to the Technical Program Management Apprenticeship program with Microsoft Leap should have completed and/or graduated from their studies more than six months prior to their application. Additional eligibility requirements include:
- Current authorization to work in the United States or the host country of the cohort
- Must have at least one of the following:
- Earned an AA in computer science
- Completion and/or graduation from a web development training “bootcamp”
- Completion and/or graduation from a coding academy
- Self-taught PM or self-taught programmer
- Minimum of 6+months of professional PM experience or professional software development experience
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Passion for working with stakeholders and advocating for their requirements
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Previous program management experience a plus
- Applicants cannot have been employed as a vendor or full-time employee for Microsoft Corporation within the past seven months
Ready to Apply?
Be sure your application is complete before submitting.
Read through the entire application process to make sure things are in order and that you understand what is expected of applicants and participants. Performing Quality Assurance (QA) on your application is a good first step in pursuing a tech role!
Follow us on the Leap journey.
Follow the Leap program on social media. We post announcements of upcoming cohorts, application dates, and photos of our amazing participants.