User Experience Design
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Leap Program is following Microsoft company guidance to make decisions about events and in-person learning. Microsoft is committed to supporting Leap Program apprenticeships. We’re actively monitoring the progress of the COVID-19 situation, and its impact to our sponsorships, cohort dates, and apprenticeship interviews. Please follow us on our Leap Program LinkedIn page for any upcoming cohort updates. We apologize for the delay and will provide dates as soon as we’re able.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you’ll work as a part of a team with experienced designers to develop software and hardware products that are simple and intuitive. You’ll learn a combination of research, prototyping, testing, and cross-discipline collaboration.
User Experience Design Apprenticeship
Those applying to the User Experience Design Apprenticeship program with the Leap Program should have completed and/or graduated from their studies more than six months prior to their application. Additional eligibility requirements include:
- Completed design related training or certification (in-person or online).
- Formal or informal design experience outside of a classroom.
- Previous work experience in any industry.
- Interest in and/or experience working with design systems and toolkits or advancing feature areas within existing product architectures.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills within a multidisciplinary team.
- Comfort iterating design with data & research input, as well as feedback from peers, product group, and leadership.
- Experience using an interface design tool: Sketch, XD, Figma, or Illustrator.
- Applicants cannot have been employed as a vendor or full-time employee for Microsoft Corporation within the past seven months.
Ready to Apply?
Be sure your application is complete before submitting.
Read through the entire application process to make sure things are in order and that you understand what is expected of applicants and participants. Performing Quality Assurance (QA) on your application is a good first step in pursuing a tech role!
Upcoming User Experience Design Cohort Information
Currently, there are no open cohort application dates officially announced. Check back often for updates.
Follow us on the Leap journey.
Follow the Leap program on social media. We post announcements of upcoming cohorts, application dates, and photos of our amazing participants.