Course 10159: Updating Your Windows Server® 2008 Technology Skills to Windows Server® 2008 R2
September 2, 2010
About this course
Audience profileThis three-day instructor-led course teaches the new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 to IT professionals who have specialist skills in working with Windows Server 2008 Technology. The course facilitates accelerated learning of Windows Server 2008 R2 features and the features enabled in Windows Server 2008 R2 for Windows 7.At course completionThe audience for this course is IT professionals who are experienced on technologies in the Windows Server 2008 and who certified Windows Server 2008 Technical Specialists or have equivalent knowledge. Students taking this course are expected to have experience in hands-on deployment and the day-to-day management of Windows-based servers for enterprise organizations.Students are required to have the followingCore Windows Server 2008 Technology Specialist and Programming skills:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Installation and Automated Deployment
- Server and Client Configuration
- Monitoring and Management Tools
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Group Policy
- Performance Monitoring
- Familiarity and experience with batch scripting or another scripting language
- Deploy and manage Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Manage Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Configure Active Directory in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Configure server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
- Configure Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deploy and configure Remote Access Services.
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2 features for branch offices.
- Configure and manage Windows Server 2008 R2 Web services.
Before attending this course, students must have the following prerequisite knowledge:
- Core Windows Server 2008 Technology Specialist skills
- Familiarity and experience in batch scripting or another scripting language
- Experience with Windows deployment technologies and implementation
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation
- Experience with Active Directory technologies and implementation
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 server virtualization technologies and implementation
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 Web application server technologies and implementation
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: