Course 10750: Beta: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
|Technology:||Microsoft System Center|
April 16, 2012
About this course
Audience profileThis five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to monitor and operate the private cloud in System Center 2012 in the role of datacenter administrators.The beta version of this course (10750AB) utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machine for the labs.At course completionThis course is intended for datacenter administrators responsible for monitoring and protecting the private cloud infrastructure and solution architects responsible for designing private cloud architectures and extending existing private cloud solutions. Additionally, this course targets administrators who create service requests.A secondary audience for this course may include datacenter administrators who are responsible for providing provisioning for applications that includes configuring and deploying those applications. In addition, business owners of applications or services, and administrators who implement service requests may be interested in this course. There is another course, Course 10751A, Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012, that specifically targets this secondary audience.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the private cloud infrastructure.
- Configure and optimize business unit clouds.
- Deploy cloud services.
- Monitor private cloud services.
- Configure application performance monitoring.
- Operate and extend service management in the private cloud.
- Implement problem management in the private cloud.
- Automate incident creation, remediation, and change requests.
- Automate Self Service provisioning.
- Protect the resources in the private cloud by using Data Protection Manager.
- Configure compliance in the private cloud.
- Configure SLAs, dashboards, and widgets.
- Optimize cloud resources.
Before attending this course, students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Networking experience
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products
- Configuration of Microsoft SharePoint
- Data center management processes
- Storage Area Network (SAN) knowledge
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: