Course 10751: Beta: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
|Technology:||Microsoft System Center|
July 30, 2012
About this course
This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with Microsoft® System Center 2012.Audience profileData center administrators responsible for designing, installing and configuring a private cloud infrastructure.At course completionAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for the private cloud environment.
- Configure and deploy the application fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to the private cloud and grant access to the private cloud.
- Understand how to monitor the private cloud using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for a private cloud environment.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into the private cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure DPM in a private cloud.
- Deploy and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 - Orchestrator in a private cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center 2012 components.
This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with System Center 2012. Because this is an extensive technical domain that includes several individual products and technologies, it is strongly recommended administrators have prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
- Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS)
- Microsoft SharePoint®
- Windows Server® 2008 Hyper-V
- Networking and storage experience
- Familiarity with data center management processes
- Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: