Course 2273: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Environment
October 30, 2006
About this course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.This course combines five days of instructor-led training with additional e-Learning content to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment.This is the first course in the Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer tracks for Windows Server 2003 and serves as the entry point for other courses in the Windows Server 2003 curriculum.This course is also offered as 8 days of instructor-led training (as two courses) for students who prefer a complete classroom training experience:2274, Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (five days)2275, Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (three days)Audience profileThis course is intended for individuals who are employed as or seeking employment as a systems administrator or systems engineer.At course completionAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create and populate organizational units with user and computer accounts.
- Manage user and computer accounts.
- Create and manage groups.
- Manage access to resources.
- Implement printing.
- Manage printing.
- Manage access to objects in using organizational units.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Manage the user and computer environment by using Group Policy.
- Audit accounts and resources.
- Prepare to administer server resources.
- Configure a server to monitor system performance.
- Monitor system performance.
- Manage device drivers by configuring device driver signing and restoring a device driver.
- Manage hard disks.
- Manage data storage.
- Manage disaster recovery.
- Maintain software by using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services.
- Maintain Windows Server 2003 security.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
- CompTIA Network+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: