Course 2729: Building Microsoft® Commerce Server 2002 Solutions
|Technology:||Microsoft Commerce Server|
September 29, 2004
About this course
Course retirement date: June 30, 2012
For a complete list of courseware retirements, see:
www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/retired-courseware.aspxThis four-day, instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop and deploy a Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 solution.Audience profileThis course is primarily intended for application developers who need to build e-commerce solutions with Commerce Server 2002.At course completionAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic features of Commerce Server 2002 and the way the features work together to allow frameworks to be built for commerce-driven Web sites.
- Describe the fundamentals of e-commerce Web sites.
- Understand the Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 approach for building e-commerce Web sites.
- Work with Commerce Server 2002 tools.
- Describe the integration of Commerce Server 2002 with Microsoft .NET.
- Work with and extend the Profile system of Commerce Server.
- Authenticate users of the Commerce Server Web sites.
- Design and implement product catalogs.
- Work with baskets and pipelines to build a complete checkout process for shoppers.
- Describe the analysis features provided by Commerce Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Analysis Services.
- Work with existing reports, and create new reports for use by business analysts.
- Apply data mining models to Commerce Server site data.
- Describe the content selection and targeting system of Commerce Server.
- Implement Commerce Server ad campaigns, discount campaigns, and direct mail campaigns.
- Extend the Commerce Server business desk.
- Build multilingual Commerce Web sites.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET.
- An understanding of what commerce-driven Web sites should achieve for enterprises and business users.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: