Course 40007A: First Look Clinic: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012
13 July 2012
About this course
This one-day instructor-led clinic introduces the key features and enhancements in SQL Server 2012. It is designed to provide a high-level overview of the product and the key new capabilities in this release.This course is intended for technology managers and database professionals who want to understand the key capabilities of SQL Server 2012. In many cases, it is assumed that senior technical managers may attend this clinic in order to assess the further training that their technology-focused employees will need in order to adopt SQL Server 2012.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012.
- Describe the mission-critical database platform capabilities of SQL Server 2012.
- Describe the enterprise integration management and data warehousing capabilities of SQL Server 2012.
- Describe the business intelligence capabilities of SQL Server 2012.
- Describe how SQL Server 2012 can be used in a cloud-based data solution.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012This module provides an overview of SQL Server 2012.Lessons
Module 2: SQL Server 2012 as a Platform for Mission-Critical DataAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Enterprise Data Scenarios and Trends
- SQL Server 2012 Overview
This module describes the enhancements on SQL Server 2012 that make it easier than ever to develop and manage database applications, and to ensure high availability for mission-critical data.Lessons
- Describe enterprise data scenarios and trends.
- Describe the key components of SQL Server 2012.
Module 3: Enterprise Integration Management and Data WarehousingAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Database Development Enhancements
- Database Manageability Enhancements
- Database Availability Enhancements
This module describes how SQL Server 2012 provides EIM capabilities that make it easier to manage data quality, ensure consistency of data for key business entities, integrate data from multiple sources, and create a data warehouse as the basis for enterprise reporting, analytics, and business intelligence (BI).Lessons
- Describe database development enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
- Describe database manageability enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
- Describe database availability enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
Module 4: Business IntelligenceAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services
- SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services
- SQL Server 2012 Integration Services
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
This module describes some of the key BI capabilities in SQL Server 2012.Lessons
- Describe how SQL Server Data Quality Services enables you to manage data quality.
- Describe how SQL Server Master Data Services enables you to ensure data consistency.
- Describe how SQL Server Integration Services enables you to build data integration solutions.
- Describe how SQL Server 2012 can be used to implement a data warehouse.
Module 5: Cloud-Based Data SolutionsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
- PowerPivot and Analysis Services
- Power View
This module provides an introduction to cloud-based data solutions with SQL Server technologies.Lessons
- Describe key capabilities of SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services.
- Describe key capabilities of SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services and PowerPivot.
- Describe key capabilities of SQL Server 2012 Power View.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Microsoft Cloud Solutions for Data
- SQL Server 2012 and the Cloud
- Describe Microsoft cloud solutions for data.
- Describe how SQL Server 2012 can be used in a cloud-based scenario.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of how data systems are used in a business enterprise.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: