Course 40024B: Hands On Lab: Introduction to Windows® 8 Development - HTML5
10 April 2013
About this course
NOTE: The Hands-on Lab exercises guide you through few sample apps in Windows 8 SDK. You will review some of the sample code and see how a particular feature has been implemented. This allows you to focus on areas that you are most interested in for your application and customize accordingly. Work with your instructor on what is important to you. To use your time wisely and learn further, you can use other functioning apps available in the SDK.
- Use the Windows 8 Start screen
- Run apps using tiles
- Use the Charms bar
- Examine Windows Store apps and their design
- Create a Grid Application
- Create a Split Application
- Explore how the WinJS Library is used
- Explore how Search Contract is integrated
- Explore how Share Contract is integrated
- Explore how Settings Contract is integrated
- Explore how Live Tiles in a Windows Store app are used
- Explore how Toast Notifications in a Windows Store app are used
- Explore the Windows Store
- Explore the trial version settings of a Windows Store app
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Introduction to Windows 8 PlatformIn this lab you will explore the various Windows 8 features and see how to work with them.Lab : Introduction to Windows 8 PlatformModule 2: Exploring Windows Store AppsAfter completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Use the Windows 8 Start screen.
- Run Windows Store apps using tiles.
- Use the Charms bar.
Module 4: Integrating with Windows 8 experiencesIn this lab you will explore how the built-in contracts such as Search, Share, Settings are integrated.Lab : Integrating with Windows 8 experiencesAfter completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Examine Windows Store apps and their designs.
- Create a Grid App
- Create a Split App
Module 5: Implementing Tiles and NotificationsIn this lab you explore how Tiles and Notifications that let users personalize their Start screen are implemented.Lab : Implementing Tiles and NotificationsAfter completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Use the WinJS Library
- Examine how Search contract is implemented
- Examine how Share contract is implemented
Module 6: Exploring the Windows StoreIn this lab you will explore the Windows Store, and work on creating a trial version of a Windows Store app.Lab : Exploring the Windows StoreAfter completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Examine how Settings contract is implemented
- Integrate live tiles into a Windows Store app.
After completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Integrate toast notifications into a Windows Store app.
- Explore the Window Store and its categories
- Understand a Windows Store app’s license configuration
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge of graphical interface design
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming design and development
- Simple data access (CRUD) knowledge
- General understanding of the Visual Studio IDE
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: