Course 50044A: Preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Exam in Microsoft Office Word 2007
10 September 2007
About this course
Audience profileElements of this syllabus are subject to change.Please note: Effective June 1, 2010 Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) is now known as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). Click here for more information about this recent change.This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the Microsoft Office Word 2007 features and functions that pertain to the objectives of the corresponding Microsoft Business Certification credential. This course is intended to allow individuals to prepare for certification as a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist in Word 2007.At course completionThis course is intended for knowledge workers who have hands-on experience with Word 2007. No prior certification is required.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly create and format documents; lay out documents by formatting pages; make documents and content easier to find; and personalize Word 2007 by customizing options.
- Demonstrate the ability to format text and paragraphs, including creating and modifying styles and settings tabs; manipulate text by cutting, copying, and pasting it, and by finding and replacing it; and control pagination with page breaks and sections.
- Demonstrate the ability to insert and format pictures, clip art, SmartArt graphics, and shapes; insert graphic text by using WordArt, pull quotes, and drop caps; and insert, format, and link text boxes.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and use Quick Parts (building blocks); create, modify, and sort lists; create and format tables, including merging and splitting cells and performing calculations; insert and format captions, bibliographies, and tables of figures and authorities; and use mail merge to create form letters, envelopes, and tables.
- Demonstrate the ability to move around in a document and switch to a different view; compare and merge documents; and manage tracked changes and work with comments.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare a document for sharing by saving it in the appropriate format, removing inappropriate or private information, and marking it as final; setting a password for a document and testing the document's security; setting editing and formatting restrictions in a document; and adding a digital signature.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Creating and Customizing DocumentsThis module explains how to format text and paragraphs; change a document's background and theme; create, modify, and apply document templates; preview and print a document; add headers and footers; create and modify columns in a document; create and modify a table of contents and an index; add bookmarks and cross-references; add hyperlinks; correct spelling and grammatical errors; and modify the Quick Access Toolbar.Lessons
Module 2: Formatting ContentAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating and Formatting Documents
- Laying Out Documents
- Making Documents and Content Easier to Read
- Personalizing Word 2007
This module explains how to change the appearance of a document by changing the look of the text and paragraphs, manipulating the text, and controlling what appears on each page.Lessons
- Create and format documents.
- Lay out documents.
- Make documents and content easier to read.
- Personalize Word 2007.
Module 3: Working with Visual ContentAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Formatting Text and Graphics
- Manipulating Text
- Controlling Pagination
This module explains how to insert and modify a picture, draw and manipulate shapes on a canvas, create and modify a diagram, create fancy text by inserting a new WordArt object and then modify it, and insert and modify text boxes.Lessons
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Manipulate text.
- Control pagination.
Module 4: Organizing ContentAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Inserting Illustrations
- Formatting Illustrations
- Formatting Text Graphically
- Inserting and Modifying Text Boxes
This module explains how to save text as a building block and insert a ready-made building block. It also describes how to reorganize a document outline, create and modify a list, present information in a table, perform calculations in a table, and create a bibliography. In addition, it explains the steps to perform a mail merge.Lessons
- Insert illustrations.
- Format illustrations.
- Format text graphically.
- Insert and modify text boxes.
Module 5: Reviewing DocumentsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Structuring Content by Using Quick Parts
- Using Tables and Content to Organize Content
- Modifying Tables
- Inserting and Formatting References and Captions
- Merging Documents and Data Sources
This module explains how to switch between views in a document, switch between open documents, and view multiple documents at the same time. In addition, it describes how to merge different versions of a document and handle the revisions that indicate differences in the versions. It also describes how to manage tracked changes in a document, and how to add, review, and delete changes.Lessons
- Structure content by using Quick Parts.
- Use tables and lists to organize content.
- Modify tables.
- Insert and format references and captions.
- Merge documents and data sources.
Module 6: Sharing and Securing ContentAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Navigating Documents
- Comparing and Merging Document Versions
- Managing Tracked Changes
- Inserting, Modifying, and Deleting Comments
This module explains how to inspect a document for inappropriate information and mark it as final; set a password for a document and test the document's security; set editing and formatting restrictions in a document; and add a digital signature.Lessons
- Navigate documents.
- Compare and merge document versions.
- Manage tracked changes.
- Insert, modify, and delete comments.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Preparing Documents for Sharing
- Controlling Document Access
- Attaching Digital Signatures
- Prepare documents for sharing.
- Control document access.
- Attach digital signatures.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Six or more months of hands-on experience creating and managing documents by using Word 2007.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: