Course 50357: Implementing Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
February 17, 2012
About this course
Course retirement date: November 30, 2012For a complete list of courseware retirements, see:www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/retired-courseware.aspxThis two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to envision, design, and deploy web access, remote access and mail protection solutions using Microsoft® Forefront™ Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG), enabling them to identify the requirements and make the appropriate design decisions that will come up during the deployment process, and providing hands-on experience with the products.Audience profileThis course is intended for Architects, Consultants, and Technical Sales Professionals involved in designing, deploying, or operating security solutions.At course completionAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the new features and the value proposition for Forefront TMG.
- Explain how Forefront TMG protects clients and servers from Web-based threats.
- Describe how Forefront TMG enable outside systems to secure connect to internal services and applications.
- Describe how Forefront TMG integrates with Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 to protect an organization from mail-based threats.
- Design an enterprise solution using Forefront TMG considering availability, scalability, operations, and migration from an existing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) solution.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of Active Directory® and Group Policies.
- A good understanding of Windows® TCP/IP networking.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: