Course 50533A: Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 2
03 June 2011
About this course
Audience profileThis one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Access 2010.At course completionThis course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Access 2010 skills.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Restrict the type of data.
- Restrict the amount of data.
- Restrict the format of data.
- Restrict data by using validation rules.
- Restrict data to values in lists.
- Restrict data to values in other tables.
- Modify forms created by using a wizard.
- Add controls.
- Add subforms.
- Use e-mail forms to collect data.
- Create queries by using a wizard.
- Create queries manually.
- Use queries to summarize data.
- Use queries to perform calculations.
- Use queries to update records.
- Use queries to delete records.
- Create reports manually.
- Modify report content.
- Add subreports.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Maintain Data IntegrityThis module explains how to ways to help ensure the accuracy of data entered into a database.Lessons
Module 2: Create Custom FormsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Restricting the Type of Data
- Restricting the Amount of Data
- Restricting the Format of Data
- Restricting Data by Using Validation Rules
- Restricting Data to Values in Lists
- Restricting Data to Values in Other Tables
This module explains how to customize forms to facilitate data entry and display.Lessons
- Restrict the type and amount of data entered into a field.
- Require that data entered in a field be in a certain format.
- Use validation rules to prohibit invalid data.
- Limit the options for entering information in a database.
- Create a list of possible values for a field from the entries in a field in a related table.
Module 3: Create QueriesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Modifying Forms Created by Using a Wizard
- Adding Controls
- Adding Subforms
- Using E-Mail Forms to Collect Data
This module explains how to use the Query wizard to create a select query, how to use the Query Designer to created less common queries, and how to perform calculations and update and delete table information.Lessons
- Work in Design view to modify a form.
- Customize forms by adding controls.
- Use subforms to enter data in more than one table.
Module 4: Create Custom ReportsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating Queries by Using a Wizard
- Creating Queries Manually
- Using Queries to Summarize Data
- Using Queries to Perform Calculations
- Using Queries to Update Records
- Using Queries to Delete Records
This module explains how to extract information from a database as a report. It also explains how to modify a report content and add a subreport.Lessons
- Create queries to find records and create calculated fields.
- Summarize matched records.
- Have Access update and delete records.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating Reports Manually
- Modifying Report Content
- Adding Subreports
- Create reports to extract information from a database.
- Customize the appearance and contents of a report.
- Insert a subreport within a report and perform calculations in it.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Access 2010 interface and database, table, and form creation and manipulation.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: