Course 50534A: Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 3
03 June 2011
About this course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the more complex features and functions of Microsoft Access 2010.This course is intended for experienced information workers who want to learn advanced-level Access 2010 skills.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Import information.
- Export information.
- Copy to and from other Office programs.
- Create navigation forms.
- Create custom categories.
- Control which features are available.
- Assign passwords to databases
- Split databases.
- Secure databases for distribution.
- Prevent database problems.
- Change default program options.
- Customize the ribbon.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Import and Export DataThis module explains how to populate the tables of a database by importing existing information from other sources and how to use information that exists in an Access database in other programs.Lessons
Module 2: Make Databases User FriendlyAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Importing Information
- Exporting Information
- Copying to and from Other Office Programs
This module explains how to make databases easier to access and manipulate, and more difficult to unintentionally change or delete.Lessons
- Avoid having to rekey data that exists in other file formats by importing the data into Access.
- Avoid having to rekey data that exists in an Access database by exporting the data for use in other programs.
Module 3: Protect DatabasesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating Navigation Forms
- Creating Custom Categories
- Controlling Which Features Are Available
This module explains how to ensure that a database’s data is secure and that its data is available and useable.Lessons
- Create a navigation form that users can click to display and work with forms and reports.
- Provide users with easy access to the objects they need to work with.
- Use startup options to display or hide features.
Module 4: Customize AccessAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Assigning Passwords to Databases
- Splitting Databases
- Securing Databases for Distribution
- Preventing Database Problems
This module explains how to customize the program options to suit your work needs.Lessons
- Password-protect a database.
- Organize a database into back-end and front-end components to speed up its performance over a network.
- Create a secure database file so that users can view and update data but not change base objects.
- Back up the database.
- Run Access utilities to optimize the database’s performance.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Changing Default Program Options
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the program options to suit their working style.
- Turn off a tab and customize groups on the tab.
- Make new commands available on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic file-management skills
- Basic knowledge of the Access 2010 interface and database, table, and form creation and manipulation
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: