Course 50537A: Learn Microsoft Outlook 2010 Step by Step, Level 3
03 June 2011
About this course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with advanced skills for managing e-mail, collaborating with others, and customizing the Microsoft Outlook 2010 interface.This course is intended for experienced information workers who want to learn advanced-level Outlook 2010 skills.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work with new mail notifications.
- Create rules to process messages.
- Block unwanted messages.
- Secure your e-mail.
- Work with Outlook items while offline.
- Manage download options for slow connections.
- Automatically reply to messages.
- Work with SharePoint site content.
- Personalize the Outlook program window.
- Create and manage Quick Steps.
- Customize the ribbon.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Personalize your Office and Outlook settings.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Manage E-Mail SettingsThis module explains how to manage new mail notifications, create rules to process messages, manage unwanted mail, and protect your e-mail.Lessons
Module 2: Work RemotelyAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Working with New Mail Notifications
- Creating Rules to Process Messages
- Blocking Unwanted Messages
- Securing Your E-Mail
This module explains how to use Cached Exchange Mode to work remotely, how to work more efficiently when you have a slow connection, how to reply set up automatic message replies, and how to work with SharePoint site content.Lessons
- Customize how Outlook announces the arrival of new messages.
- Process messages automatically base on rules.
- Manage junk mail.
- Use Outlook tools to keep messages safe.
Module 3: Customize OutlookAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Working with Outlook Items While Offline
- Managing Download Options for Slow Connections
- Automatically Replying to Messages
- Working with SharePoint Site Content
This module explains how to change the appearance and arrangement of elements in the program window, create custom Quick Steps to perform multiple actions with one click, specify the tabs that appear on the ribbon and groups that appear on the ribbon tabs, a add frequently used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar, and configure Office and Outlook settings.Lessons
- Work in Outlook while offline.
- Select the download option most appropriate for their internet connection.
- Set up automatic responses to messages.
- Work offline with SharePoint document library content.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Personalizing the Outlook Program Window
- Creating and Managing Quick Steps
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Personalizing Your Office and Outlook Settings
- Rearrange program window elements to suit their working style.
- Create a custom Quick Step to send an e-mail message.
- Turn off a tab that is rarely used.
- Add commands that are frequently used to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Adjust Office and Outlook settings to suit the way they work.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Outlook interface and Outlook item creation.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: