Course 50541A: Learn Microsoft Word 2010 Step by Step, Level 1
03 June 2011
About this course
Audience profileThis one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Word 2010.At course completionThis course is intended for novice information workers who want to learn beginning level Word 2010 skills.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work in the user interface.
- Create, enter text in, and save documents.
- Open, move around in, and close documents.
- View documents in different ways.
- Make text changes.
- Find and replace text.
- Fine-tune text.
- Correct spelling and grammatical errors.
- Insert saved text.
- Quickly format text.
- Change a document’s theme.
- Manually change the look of characters.
- Manually change the look of paragraphs.
- Create and modify lists.
- Present information in columns.
- Create tabbed lists.
- Present information in tables.
- Format tables.
- Insert and modify pictures.
- Change a document's background.
- Insert building blocks.
- Add WordArt text.
- Preview and adjust page layout.
- Control what appears on each page.
- Print documents.
- Prepare documents for electronic distribution.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Explore Word 2010This module explains how to work with documents, including how to create, save, open, and close them.Lessons
Module 2: Edit and Proofread TextAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Working in the user interface
- Creating, Entering Text in, and Saving Documents
- Opening, Moving Around in, and Closing Documents
- Viewing Documents in Different Ways
This module explains how to make a document say exactly what you want it to say and how to check it for spelling and grammatical errors.Lessons
- Give commands, and open and close documents.
- Create and save documents.
- Move around in documents.
- Look at documents in different ways
Module 3: Change the Look of TextAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Making Text Changes
- Finding and Replacing Text
- Fine-Tuning Text
- Correcting Spelling and Grammatical Errors
- Inserting Saved Text
This module explains how to apply Quick Styles to text and paragraphs, work with document themes, manually change the look of characters and paragraphs, and create and modify lists.Lessons
- Make changes to the text of a document
- Find and replace words and phrases.
- Find the right word to use and translate a word.
- Use the Word spelling and grammar tools.
- Create custom building blocks from selected text and paragraphs.
Module 4: Organize Information in Columns and TablesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Quickly Formatting Text
- Changing a Document’s Theme
- Manually Changing the Look of Characters
- Manually Changing the Look of Paragraphs
- Creating and Modifying Lists
This module explains how to divide documents into columns; use tab stops; and create, convert, and format tables.Lessons
- Use ready-made Quick Styles.
- Work with themes and theme elements.
- Make characters and paragraphs look exactly as required.
- Work with different types of lists.
Module 5: Add Simple Graphic ElementsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Presenting Information in Columns
- Creating Tabbed Lists
- Presenting Information in Tables
- Formatting Tables
This module explains how to illustrate a document with pictures, how to dress up the page background, how to work with ready-made building blocks, and how enhance text with WordArt.Lessons
- Flow text in multiple columns.
- Use tabs to simulate tables.
- Create tables and enter and format table information.
- Create a table by converting a tabbed list.
Module 6: Preview, Print, and Distribute DocumentsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Inserting and Modifying Pictures
- Changing a Document’s Background
- Inserting Building Blocks
- Adding WordArt Text
This module explains how to preview a document and control its layout, how to print a document, and how to ensure that a document contains no inappropriate information before marking it as final.Lessons
- Use pictures to add visual interest.
- Change the page background throughout a document.
- Work with read-made building blocks.
- Use WordArt to dress up text.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Previewing and Adjusting Page Layout
- Controlling What Appears on Each Page
- Printing Documents
- Preparing Documents for Electronic Distribution
- Check a document’s layout on the Print page of the Backstage view.
- Modify page layout.
- Print with default or custom settings.
- Finalize a document before distributing it.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows 7.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: