Course 50542A: Learn Microsoft Word 2010 Step by Step, Level 2
03 June 2011
About this course
Audience profileThis one-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Word 2010.At course completionThis course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Word 2010 skills.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create diagrams.
- Modify diagrams.
- Create picture diagrams.
- Insert charts.
- Modify charts.
- Use existing data in charts.
- Add watermarks.
- Insert symbols and equations.
- Draw and modify shapes.
- Insert screen clippings.
- Reorganize document outlines.
- Arrange objects on the page.
- Use tables to control page layout.
- Save files in different formats.
- Create and modify Web documents.
- Create and publish blog posts.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Insert and Modify DiagramsThis module explains how to create and modify diagrams, and how to use pictures in diagrams.Lessons
Module 2: Insert and Modify ChartsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating Diagrams
- Modifying Diagrams
- Creating Picture Diagrams
This module explains how to create and modify a chart, and use information from an existing Excel file in the chart.Lessons
- Create organization charts, flow charts, and other business diagrams.
- Update a diagram’s information or change its formatting.
- Use a diagram to arrange pictures in a document.
Module 3: Use Other Visual ElementsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Inserting Charts
- Modifying Charts
- Using Existing Data in charts
This module explains how to create text and picture watermarks, insert symbols and equations, draw and modify shapes, and insert a screen clip from Web site.Lessons
- Plot data as a chart.
- Change the chart’s elements, and create a template for future charts.
- Use data from an Excel worksheet to plot a chart in Word.
Module 4: Organize and Arrange ContentAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Adding Watermarks
- Inserting Symbols and Equations
- Drawing and Modifying Shapes
- Inserting Screen Clippings
This module explains how to structure documents by reorganizing an outline, change the relationship of elements on the page, and use a table to control page layout.Lessons
- Add a picture or text watermark behind the text of a printed or online document.
- Insert symbols, and build simple equation and add it to the Equation gallery.
- Add shapes to documents to add visual interest.
- Use the Word screen clipping tool to capture an image from the computer screen.
Module 5: Create Documents for Use Outside of WordAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Reorganizing Document Outlines
- Arranging Objects on the Page
- Using Tables to Control Page Layout
This module explains how to save files in different formats, work with Web documents, and publish blog posts.Lessons
- Reorganize a document by using its outline.
- Change how elements on a page relate to one another.
- Insert information in the cells of a table to position them precisely on the page.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Saving Files in Different Formats
- Creating and Modifying Web Documents
- Creating and Publishing Blog Posts
- Determine the most appropriate format in which to save a file.
- Save documents as Web pages.
- Contribute to a blog from within Word.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic file-management skills
- Basic knowledge of the Word user interface and document creation
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: