Course 55016A: Introduction to SharePoint 2010
|Technology:||Microsoft SharePoint Server|
12 April 2013
About this course
This ½ to full day class is designed for SharePoint team members who need to know how to use the team collaboration and document management features of a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Team Site.This course is intended for…
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- SharePoint end users
- SharePoint Site Owners and Power Users who will be attending 50470 or equivalent
- SharePoint administrators and developers
- Navigate SharePoint sites.
- Manage content in lists and libraries.
- Create and edit Alerts.
- Collaborate using Tasks lists and Discussion Boards.
- Work with libraries, including upload, download, editing, check out/in and versioning.
- Use the SharePoint social features.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: SharePoint OverviewLessonsThis module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class and introduces SharePoint terminology.
LessonsThis module covers the SharePoint user interface and basic site navigation.
- What is SharePoint?
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
Module 3: SharePoint LibrariesLessonsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- SharePoint Navigation
- Regional Settings
- Use a browser to navigate to a SharePoint site, and logon if needed.
- Navigate a site using the Ribbon, Quick Launch, Top Link bar, Search and the Crumb Trail.
- Work with web part content and links.
- Set personal Regional Settings.
Module 4: SearchAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Document Libraries
- Library Navigation
- Opening Documents
- Checking Out Documents
- Creating Alerts
- Uploading Documents
- Blocked File Types
- Creating Folders
- Creating New Documents
- Picture and Asset Libraries
LessonsThis module covers searching SharePoint content.
- Navigate library pages and web parts.
- Navigate a library using the Ribbon, document dropdown menus and the Crumb Trail.
- Open and edit documents in Word and other applications.
- Open and edit documents using Office Web Apps.
- Check out and check in documents using browser and Office features.
- Delete documents and recover them from the Recycle Bin.
- Create and manage alerts.
- Upload a single file, multiple files and use Windows Explorer view.
- Understand that certain file types are blocked and cannot be uploaded.
- Work with folders.
- Create new documents from within SharePoint.
- Work with document versioning.
- Display libraries using views.
Module 5: Using SharePoint Task ListsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Search Features
- Advanced Search
LessonsThis module covers team collaboration using Task lists.
- Identify what content can be searched.
- Use basic search and search scopes.
- Use Advanced search.
- Use search tools such as metadata tags, include and exclude options and wild cards.
Module 6: Working with CalendarsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Adding and Updating Tasks
- Using Task Views
- Synchronizing Tasks lists with Outlook
LessonsThis module covers the use of team calendars.
- Create, update and view tasks.
- Work with SharePoint tasks from Microsoft Outlook.
Module 7: SharePoint WikisAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Calendar Navigation and Views
- Adding Calendar Events
- Dealing with long lists of events
- Synchronizing SharePoint Calendars with Outlook
LessonsThis module covers the use of Wiki libraries.
- Navigate SharePoint Calendars.
- Add and edit calendar events.
- Work with calendar views.
- Synchronize SharePoint Calendars with Outlook.
Module 8: Discussion BoardsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Creating a knowledgebase with a Wiki
- Editing a Wiki
- Wiki Versioning
- Incoming Links
- Wiki Views
LessonsThis module covers the use of Discussion Boards.
- Add and edit Wiki pages.
- View versions of Wiki pages.
- Work with incoming links and views.
Module 9: SharePoint Social FeaturesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create new discussions
- Read and Reply to discussions
- Flat and Threaded Views
LessonsThis module covers the use of Blogs, Social Tagging and My Site.
- Create new discussions.
- Read and reply to discussions.
- Choose between Flat and Threaded Views.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Tagging Content
- My Sites
- Create and edit blog content.
- Use the SharePoint social tagging features.
- Use the SharePoint My Site features.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: