Course 6446: Implementing and Administering Windows® Essential Business Server 2008
October 1, 2009
About this course
Audience profileCourse retirement date: June 30, 2012
For a complete list of courseware retirements, see:
www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/retired-courseware.aspxThis five-day ILT Course provides students with the necessary knowledge to plan and implement Windows Essential Business Server 2008. Students gain first-hand knowledge on topics such as installing, migrating, monitoring, securing, and backing up data.At course completionThis course is intended for value-added providers/resellers, service providers, system integrators, technology consultants and in-house technology staff that serve businesses in the small and medium business (SMB) space. Attendees are expected to have at least three years of experience managing and monitoring a Microsoft Windows-based network.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess midsized business’ technology and business needs.
- Design a Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008 network solution.
- Install Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Migrate to Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Configure Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Manage users and groups in Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Manage messaging in Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Manage and monitor Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008.
- Secure a Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008 network.
- Expand a Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008 network.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses:
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of experience the following technologies:
- Course 6430: Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
- Course 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform
- Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Forefront for Exchange
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004 or later
- Windows Server® 2003 or later, including Active Directory®, DNS, and DHCP
- Network addressing (including IP addresses, gateways, subnets, and manual and dynamic (DHCP) address assignments)
- Active Directory® Domain Services (including Active Directory user accounts, Group Policy, domains and forests, and a basic understanding of domain controllers)
- E-mail (including SMTP addresses)
- E-mail antivirus and anti-spam software (including its purpose and function)
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: