Course 6451: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007
|Technology:||Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager|
October 19, 2010
About this course
Audience profileThis five-day, instructor-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, and manage Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007. This course requires that students have a base-level understanding of Systems Management Server 2003 or Configuration Manager 2007. It also requires that students have a system administrator-level working knowledge of deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers, as well as a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Microsoft® SQL Server®, Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) or Active Directory directory service, and basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts. This course focuses on planning and deploying sites and clients, configuring software distribution, deploying operating systems, and managing software updates. It also focuses on remote tools and managing mobile devices.At course completionThis course is intended for systems engineers with one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Microsoft® Windows® Server in medium to large enterprise organizations, and who have a need to plan a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 deployment. This course may also be taken by Configuration Manager 2007 Administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 or Configuration Manager 2007 sites, and all supporting systems. Administrators have one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Windows Server in medium to large enterprise organizations.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, deploy, and manage Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 for the enterprise environment.
- Plan and deploy a single-site architecture.
- Plan for and complete client deployment.
- Use inventory collection, software metering, and Asset Intelligence.
- Query and report data.
- Distribute software using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Deploy virtual applications using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Deploy operating systems using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Work with desired configuration management.
- Configure Wake On LAN, power management, and remote tools.
- Plan and configure a multiple site hierarchy.
- Maintain and monitor Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 native mode and Internet-Based Client Management.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A base-level understanding of Systems Management Server 2003 or Configurations Manager 2007.
- A system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- TCP/IP networking
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: