Course 80141: Integrating Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 4.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server 2007
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics CRM|
May 28, 2009
About this course
This one-day instructor-led training course is intended to teach students the basic skills required to create integrated applications that utilize data and features from both Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Students attending this course will:
This one-day course will be appropriate for the following audiences:
- Learn to compare and contrast the two products, clarifying which business problems each is best suited to solve.
- Learn about common integration scenarios, and to design, plan and build solutions that integrate the two products.
- Be able to build customized Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 applications that expose data and content stored within SharePoint sites, lists and libraries.
- Learn how to build SharePoint applications that provide reporting solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 data, utilizing core Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 functionality.
- Learn to build data-aware applications utilizing features of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, integrating data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Gain an introduction to fundamental .NET programming techniques required to extend integrated Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and SharePoint applications.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Business analysts and solution designers.
- Power-users and customizers.
- .NET developers who need an introduction to Dynamics CRM and SharePoint integration techniques
- Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Understand basic positioning of SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the kinds of business problems each is designed to solve.
- Identify the most common scenarios where SharePoint and Dynamics CRM can be used together.
- Learn basic Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization techniques required to build integrated applications.
- Learn how to use a static URL for a Microsoft Dynamics CRM record to display associated content stored in SharePoint.
- Learn how to construct a URL dynamically, based on information contained in a Dynamics CRM record, and display associated content stored in SharePoint.
- Understand and Work with SharePoint Web Parts and Pages.
- Understand and Use the List Web Part for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Understand and Use SharePoint Designer Data Views to Expose Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Data.
- Understand how to use the Business Data Catalog with data From Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Filtered Views.
- Understand how to configure, publish, and view Excel spreadsheets using Excel Services.
- Overview the Web Parts available for the Business Data Catalog and Excel Services to allow views of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 data to be accessible on a SharePoint dashboard.
- Understand the basics of calling the Dynamics CRM 4.0 Web Services from a SharePoint ASP.NET page.
Before attending this course, students must:
- Be familiar with the material covered in the Dynamics CRM Applications course, (M8913).
- Be familiar with basic use of SharePoint sites, lists and document libraries.
- Have some familiarity with basic customization techniques in either Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (e.g., customizing forms and attributes), or SharePoint (creating custom pages and working with web parts).
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: