Course 80143: Overview of Microsoft Dynamics® POS 2009
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics POS|
October 1, 2009
About this course
Audience profileThis three-day instructor-led/eLearning course introduces attendees to the major functional areas of Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009. Attendees learn how to get started using Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009; using Manager View and POS View; setting up their stores; managing items, inventory, employees, and customers; working with reports, and processing transactions. Attendees completing this course acquire a solid groundwork upon which to build more substantive knowledge of how Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 works.At course completionThis course is intended for Microsoft Certified Partners who plan to sell, implement, configure, consult, and/or support Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009. The course is targeted toward resellers who want to assist their
customers with the installation, administration, implementation, and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009. The course is also targeted towards IT staff who support retail operations and may assist in implementing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009, and who respond to end users who use Point of Sale.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Know the new features in Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009.
- Get comfortable with the two main user interfaces of Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009: Manager View and POS View.
- Understand what to do before installing Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 and how to install Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 in a one-computer store and a multiple-computer store.
- Set up a store and its database.
- Synchronize Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 with QuickBooks.
- Manage price and costs to increase the profit margin.
- Create purchase orders using the Purchase Order Wizard, then track, manage, and receive purchase orders using a variety of flexible processes.
- Create inventory transfers with the Inventory Transfer Wizard and then use inventory transfers to move inventory into and out of the store without processing sales or purchase orders.
- Create and manage employees.
- Set store options, policies, and procedures to control employee workflow.
- Manage and track customer information, such as purchase history, and generate reports on customer activity.
- Create custom reports.
- Customize POS View to suit employee preferences and needs.
- Teach cashiers how to ring up items, total transactions, process orders, exchanges, returns, and discounts, as well as issue vouchers, cancel and void transactions, and look up a customer’s purchase history.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Getting StartedLessons
- Before Installing Microsoft Dynamics POS
- Install Microsoft Dynamics POS in a Single Computer Store
- Install Microsoft Dynamics POS on Additional Computers in a Store
- Activate Microsoft Dynamics POS
- Where to Find More Information
- Microsoft Dynamics POS Components
- Getting Started in Manager View
- Learning About Manager View
- Customize Manager View
- Inventory Menu
- People Menu
- Reports Menu
- Tools Menu
- Transactions Menu
- Settings Menu
- Complete the installation
- Restore the Database
- Complete the Offline Mode Wizard
- Update Store Information and Import New Items
- Establish Store Policies and Procedures
- Specify Currencies and Exchange Rates
- Set up Payment Methods
- Set up Payment Processing
- Specify Taxes
- Create Vouchers
- Set up Registers
- Specify Reasons
- Create and Assign Roles
- Identify Risks and Apply Security Features
- Share Information with QuickBooks
- Item General Settings
- Item Inventory and Quantities
- Items Prices and Costs
- Item Discounts and Present Discounts
- Item Aliases
- Item Substitutes
- Item Serial Numbers
- Item Commissions
- Matrix, Dimensions, and Style Numbers
- Item Kits
- Other Item Options
- Item Labels and Reports
- Working with Inventory in Manager View
- Purchase Orders
- Inventory Transfers
- Inventory Locations
- Physical Inventories
- Manage Employees
- Roles and Rights
- Sales Representatives and Commissions
- Time Clock
- Customize POS View
- Cashier Workflow
- Managing Customers in Manager View
- Manage Customer Information
- Manage Charge Accounts
- Manage Customer Orders
- Ship to Customers
- General Report Information
- Display Options
- Report Filters
- Capsule Reports
- X, Z, and ZZ Reports
- Batches and Journaled Transactions
- Custom Reports
- Get Acquainted with POS View
- Common Tasks in POS View
- Items (F2)
- Customer (F3)
- Transaction (F5)
- Tasks (F6)
- Tools (F7)
- Return (F8)
- Find Items, Customers, Transactions, Receipts, and Orders
- Customize Registers
- Common Transaction Tasks
- Modifying Transactions
- Modifying Line Items
- Returns and Exchanges
- Customer Orders
- Charge Accounts
- Item and Customer Information
Before attending this course, we recommend attendees have familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics Point of Sale 2.0 or Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System 2.0.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: