Course 80305: Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics AX|
|Language(s):||English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish|
September 9, 2011
About this course
Audience profileThis two-day instructor-led course, Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the trade and inventory flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.At course completionThis course is intended for customers and partners who want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Supply Chain functionality.The class is intended for sales and purchase managers, salespeople, purchasers, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of trade and logistics and inventory management functionality.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create products and product masters.
- Discuss how to authorize product setup for legal entities.
- Discuss how to define a not stocked product.
- Create purchase orders and sales orders.
- Generate purchase and sales transactions.
- Create and correct packing slip and product receipts.
- Assign and manage serial and batch numbers
- Set up quality control.
- Use quality orders.
- Set up quality management.
- Understand non conformances.
- Create and process an inventory adjustment and inventory movement journal.
- Create and process a transfer journal.
- Create and process a Bill of Materials (BOM) journal.
- Understand how to use journals to make inventory adjustments.
- Understand how to use the Counting journal to support and adjust physical inventory counts.
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: OverviewLessonsThis module provides a general overview of Supply Chain in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 2: Product Information Management
- Supply Chain
- Product Information Management
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Quality Management
LessonsThis module concentrates on how to create and set up a new product. Creating new products is completed through the Product information management module.
- Explain the concepts of supply chain in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Describe the concept of product information management.
- Discuss the concept of inventory management.
- Explain the concept of warehouse management.
- Describe the concept of quality management.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 3: Inventory Management Setup
- Defining Products
- Modeling Configurable Products
- Inventory Dimension Groups
- Authorizing Product Setup in a Legal Entity
- Finalizing Product Setup in a Legal Entity
- Default Order and Site Settings
- Item Pricing
- Unit of Measure
- Defining Products as Not Stocked
LessonsThis module concentrates on finalization of product setup. All item-based data that is created in Inventory Management is used by the company accounts for purchases, sales, warehouse management, inventory journals, production, and projects.
- Describe the concept of products.
- Describe the concept of product masters and their variants.
- Describe the variant configuration technology types.
- Discuss inventory dimension groups.
- Create and release products to an enterprise.
- Discuss how to finalize a released product.
- Set up default order settings.
- Set up item pricing, automatic updates of item prices and costing versions.
- Set up units of measurement and unit conversion.
- Describe how to create a not stocked product.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 4: Purchase Orders
- Item Groups
- Item Model Groups
- Storage and Tracking Dimension Groups
- Warehouse Management
LessonsCreate purchase orders by using the Header and Line views, purchase order types, and purchase parameters. It also discusses many posting techniques and processes that you can apply when you work with purchase orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Additionally, inventory posting profiles are discussed. Inventory posting profiles control which ledger accounts are used and when they are used, when you are purchasing and selling inventory.
- Set up an item group.
- Determine posting types that are associated with item groups and investigate what they are used for.
- Set up an inventory model group and state the effect of different parameter settings in the groups on items.
- Set up a site and warehouse and attach it to a product.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 5: Serial and Batch Numbers
- Working with Purchase Orders
- Set up Purchasing Parameters
- Create a Purchase Order
- Process a Purchase Order
- Generate Purchase Order Documents
- Change Management
- Purchase Order Tasks
- Purchase Order Inquiries and List Pages
LessonsThis module explains how serial numbers and batch numbers are used and how to set up, allocate, and change serial numbers and batch numbers. Also, it focuses on how to use the serial and batch number tracing functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Review the various forms and list pages for working with purchase orders.
- Set up purchasing parameters.
- Create a purchase order and add lines to it.
- Process a purchase order.
- Generate a purchase order receipts list and product receipt.
- Review the change management process, and set up the system for change management.
- Review additional tasks that can be completed for a purchase order.
- Review the list pages and inquiries that are available for purchase orders.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 6: Sales Orders
- Dimension Group – Tracking Dimensions
- Manual Allocation
- Automatic Allocation
LessonsThis module focuses on how to create sales orders by using the Header and Line views, sales order types, and sales parameters. It also discusses many posting techniques and processes that you apply when you work with sales orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Additionally, inventory posting profiles are discussed.
- Set up a tracking dimension group to allow for serial and batch number allocation.
- Allocate serial and batch numbers manually to a product.
- Set up a product to automatically have batch and serial numbers allocated.
- Use a transfer order to edit serial and batch numbers.
- Use the trace inventory dimension function to track a product's inventory dimensions.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 7: Quality Management
- Working with Sales Orders
- Sales Order Types
- Set Up Sales Parameters
- Creating a Sales Order
- Ship to Multiple Addresses
- Delivery Schedule
- Enhanced Delivery Date Control
- Available Ship and Receipt Dates
- Order Entry Deadlines
- Direct Delivery
- Generate a Sales Order Confirmation
- Generate a Sales Order Picking List
- Generate a Picking List Registration
- Generate a Sales Order Packing Slip
- Shipping Carrier Interface
LessonsThis module is designed to introduce the Quality management functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Review the various forms and list pages for working with sales orders.
- Determine and apply different sales order types.
- Set up account receivable order parameters.
- Create a sales order and add lines to it.
- Specify multiple delivery addresses for sales order lines.
- Discuss how to set up a delivery schedule on a sales order.
- Set up the Delivery dates feature to specify and update requested dates.
- Use the Available dates feature to specify and update request dates.
- Create order entry deadlines and order entry deadline groups for sites.
- Create an order of the Direct delivery type and update the order
- Review the sales order posting status and profiles.
- Discuss how to generate a sales order confirmation.
- Discuss how to generate a sales order picking list.
- Review the picking list registration process.
- Discuss how to generate a packing slip for a sales order.
- Explore the Shipment carrier interface feature.
After completing this module, students will be able to:Module 8: Inventory Journals
- Set Up Quality Management Basics
- Set Up Automatic Quality Order Generation
- Create a Manual Quality Order
- Work with a Non Conformance
- Quality Reports and Certificates
LessonsIn this module, students gain an understanding of Inventory journals in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 by reviewing the initial setup and each journal. Inventory journals are used for posting physical and financial inventory transactions including posting issues and receipts, inventory movements, creating Bills of Material, and reconciliation of physical inventory.
- Describe the setup of the quality management feature’s quality control component.
- Set up automatic quality order generation.
- Explain how to create and use manual quality orders.
- Work with a non conformance.
- Make non conformance correction.
- Review quality reports and certificate of analysis functionality.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Inventory Journals Setup
- Inventory Adjustment and Movement Journals
- Transfer Journals
- Bill of Material Journals
- Counting Journals
- Counting Journal Setup
- Creating and Processing a Counting Journal
- Tag Counting Journals
- Inventory Blocking
- Create journal names for inventory journals.
- Set up dimension groups and inventory dimensions for journals.
- Set up posting for inventory journals
- Create and process inventory adjustment and movement inventory journals.
- Create and process a transfer journal.
- Create and process a bill of material (BOM) journal.
- Explain counting journals.
- Set up warehouse items and counting groups.
- Create and process a counting journal.
- Create and process a tag counting journal.
- Block an inventoried item.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®.
- Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics®AX 2012 course.
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
- Basic knowledge of trade and logistics and inventory management concepts.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: