Course 80434A: Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics NAV|
About this course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to set up all aspects the Fixed Assets granules available for Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013. This course demonstrates how to set up Fixed Assets, how to perform a wide variety of Fixed Asset transactions, as well as how to handle reclassification, maintenance, and insurance where Fixed Assets are concerned.This course is intended partners wanting to learn how to set up Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013 for their customer. For sales people, consultants, and implementers who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics NAV2009 Fixed Assets and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up Fixed Assets
- Perform a variety of Fixed Asset transactions
- Reclassify Fixed Assets
- Handle maintenance of their Fixed Assets
- Handle insurance on their Fixed Assets
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Fixed Assets SetupThis module explains how Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Fixed Assets provides a fully integrated Fixed Asset management functionality. It also describes how this functionality helps a company manage it's assets to track information relevant to fixed assets. Additionally, this module describes how depreciation books define various depreciation rules.Lessons
- Fixed Assets Process Flow
- Fixed Assets Setup
- Fixed Assets Posting Groups
- Depreciation Books
- Fixed Asset Card
- Fixed Asset Allocation Keys
- Main Assets and Asset Components
- Record Open Transactions
- Make Duplicate Entries
- Copy Fixed Assets and FA Ledger Entries
Module 2: Fixed Asset TransactionsThis module describes the purpose of journal templates for Fixed Assets, and explains the purchasing procedure for Fixed Assets. The basic transactions for fixed assets are depreciations, acquisition costs, write-downs, and disposals. All four types of transactions and the processes connected to these transactions are described in this module.LessonsAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create a fixed asset card for the new fixed asset.
- Give a visual overview of a typical fixed asset life cycle.
- Describe the fields on the Fixed Assets setup page.
- Describe fixed asset posting groups.
- Explain depreciation books for fixed assets.
- Explain depreciation tables.
- Set up fixed assets journal templates.
- Set up a fixed asset card.
- Set up main assets with asset components.
- Explain how to record opening transactions.
- Explain how to duplicate entries to depreciation books.
- Explain how to copy fixed assets and FA ledger entries.
- Journals for Fixed Assets
- Purchase Fixed Assets
- Calculate and Post Depreciation
- Write-down and Appreciation of Fixed Assets
- Fixed Asset Disposals
- Correct an Entry
- Document Fixed Asset Transactions
- Fixed Asset Reports
- Budget Fixed Asset Transactions
- Cost Accounting Depreciation
- Minor Assets
- Post the Acquisition Cost through Purchase Invoice
- Post Additional Acquisition Cost
- Calculate and Post Depreciation
- Post a Write-down
- Dispose of a Whole Fixed Asset
- Cancel and Recalculate Depreciation
- Cancel an Entry
- Budget a Fixed Asset
Module 3: Fixed Asset ReclassificationThis module focuses on the reclassification journal. How to use this journal is explained through different scenarios of most frequently used real-life situations.
- Manage a Minor Asset
- Set up journals for fixed assets.
- Post a fixed asset acquisition through a purchase invoice.
- Increase the cost of a fixed asset by using the FA journal.
- Explain the manual and automatic depreciation posting methods.
- Set up write-down and appreciation of fixed assets.
- Set up disposals of fixed assets.
- Cancel and recalculate an incorrectly posted depreciation entry.
- Cancel an incorrect entry that is already posted.
- Reverse an incorrectly posted transaction.
- Explain how to document fixed asset transactions.
- Explain how to view the FA registers.
- Demonstrate the reports for fixed assets.
- Set up budgeting for fixed asset transactions.
- Set up cost accounting depreciations.
- Set up indexation.
- Set up and depreciate minor assets.
- Asset Transfers
- Combining Assets
- Splitting a Fixed Asset
- Partial Disposal of an Asset
Module 4: Fixed Assets MaintenanceThis module explains how to set up maintenance information for fixed assets and describes the functionality and processes of registering maintenance on fixed assets.After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Disposing of a Part of an Asset
- Transfer a fixed asset.
- Split a fixed asset.
- Dispose of a part of a fixed asset.
- Combine assets.
- Setting Up Maintenance Information
- Maintenance Registration and Costs
- Maintenance Cost Reporting
- Posting an Allocation Transaction
Module 5: Fixed Asset InsuranceAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Posting Maintenance Costs
LessonsThis module explains the insurance management in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. This includes the following: setting up insurance information, assigning assets to insurance policies, monitoring insurance coverage, updating insurance information, and indexing fixed asset insurance.
- Set up maintenance information.
- Register maintenance costs.
- Review fixed asset maintenance by using the maintenance cost reports.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Setting Up Insurance Information
- Attaching Assets to Insurance Policies
- Monitoring Insurance Coverage
- Updating Insurance Information
- Indexing Insurance
- Set up insurance information.
- Assign an asset to an insurance policy.
- Monitor insurance coverage.
- Update, correct, and delete insurance information.
- Set up insurance indexing.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Attended or knowledge of the course Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013
- Attended or knowledge of the course Finance Essentials in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013
- Basic knowledge of Fixed Assets and accounting principles
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: