Course 80542A: Customization and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 2013
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics CRM|
20 December 2013
About this course
This course describes the techniques required to customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM to meet the specialized needs of businesses. The topics covered include security; creation and configuration of entities; design of forms views and charts; auditing and solutions. The course describes each topic and how each topic relates to the other topics to produce a full configured, effective solution.This training is intended for both novice and experienced customizers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM who are familiar with the end-user principles of the software. No programming skills are required, but a basic understanding of database principles will be an advantage.
- Design and implement strategies for the creation of Business Units and Security Roles
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Users and Teams
- Describe the principles of customizing the system
- Create and configure fields for both custom and system entities
- Create and configure custom entities, including standard and activity entities
- Design, create and configure relationships between entities
- Create and configure Views, Charts and Forms for both system and custom entities
- Implement Field Security and Access Team Templates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Design, create and configure Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Design, create and configure Business Rules and Business Process Flows to guide users through their work
- Course details
Course OutlineModule 1: Introduction to Customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013Lessons
- Customization or Development?Microsoft Dynamics CRM SolutionsIntroduction to Entity Customization
- Introduction to Business UnitsOverview of Security RolesUser Management OverviewTeam Management Overview Teams and SharingManage Security Roles for Users and Teams
- Entity Customization ConceptsCreate a Custom EntityAdditional Entity PropertiesModifying the Configuration of an Entity
- Field Data TypesField Display FormatsField PropertiesCustomize Existing FieldsConfigure Option SetsStatus and Status Reason FieldsDelete Fields
- Types of Entity RelationshipsCreate Entity Relationships1:N Relationship BehaviorField Mappings in 1:N RelationshipsConnections and Connection Roles
- Form Customization OverviewCreate and Modify FormsQuick Create and Quick View FormsManage Multiple FormsMobile Clients
- Configure Business Rules
- View Customization ConceptsSystem ViewsCreate Custom ViewsRemove Unwanted Views
- Create and Modify ChartsExport and Import ChartsCreate and Modify Dashboards
- Field SecurityAccess Team TemplatesAuditing Overview
- Business Process Flows
A working knowledge of how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It is recommended, but not required, that individuals have completed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 or 2013 applications training. Because this training material focuses on customizing database entities, attributes, relationships, and mappings, it is recommended that individuals have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and relational database functionality.
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: