Course 8811: Foundation I in Microsoft Dynamics™ GP 10.0
|Technology:||Microsoft Dynamics GP|
September 26, 2007
About this course
This one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Foundation course explores the basic elements of Microsoft Dynamics GP. Topics covered during this session include: system and company setup procedures, how to use reports and inquiries, how to use SmartList to expand inquiry and analysis capabilities, business alerts, process server and tips for the user to personalize shortcuts and checklists to streamline business practices.Audience profileCustomers wanting to learn the basic features and elements required to effectively use each Microsoft Dynamics GP module. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators; office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics GP Foundation and gain basic general knowledge of the application functionality.At course completionAfter completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use basic elements such as lookup windows, browse buttons and zooms to access data in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Enter record and window level notes.
- Attach OLE Notes.
- Use SmartList to export data to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
- Use the Posting Setup options to define posting processes.
- Customize system and company setup procedures using the Setup Checklist.
- Assign and track the completion of setup tasks using the Setup Checklist.
- Set up fiscal periods, account formats, credit cards and payment terms.
- Use inquiries and reports to get at the information needed.
- Customize Microsoft Dynamics GP toolbars, home pages and display settings.
- Describe the benefits of using Business Alerts and Process Servers.
- View and use resource descriptions for tables and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Use the SQL backup system to back up a company database.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
Looking for training resources, events and advice from peers? Join the Microsoft Training and Certification Community.
Preparing for an exam now? Find your Microsoft Certification Study Group.
Talk to us on these social networks: