- October 14, 2008Published:
- IT professionalsAudiences:
- Microsoft Office 2013 suitesTechnology:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)Credit toward certification:
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Create and manage presentations
Create a presentation
- Create blank presentations, create presentations using templates, import text files into presentations, import Word document outlines into presentations
Format a presentation using slide masters
- Apply a slide master, add new layouts, modify existing layouts, add background images, control page numbers, insert headers and footers, modify presentation themes
Customize presentation options and views
- Change page setup options, change to view in color/grayscale, use views to navigate through presentations, modify presentation properties
Configure presentations to print or save
- Set handout print options, print selections from presentations, package presentations for CD, save presentations as webpages, print presentations in grayscale, print speaker notes, maintain backward compatibility
Configure and present slideshows
- Create custom slideshows, configure slideshow options, rehearse timing, configure slideshow resolution, use Presenter View, navigate within slideshows, annotate slideshows
- Create a presentation
- Insert and format shapes and slides
Insert and format slides
- Add slide layouts, duplicate existing slides, hide slides, delete slides, modify slide backgrounds, apply styles to slides
Insert and format shapes
- Modify shape backgrounds, apply borders to shapes, resize shapes, insert shapes, create custom shapes, apply styles to shapes
Order and group shapes and slides
- Insert section headers, modify slide order, align and group shapes, display gridlines
- Insert and format slides
- Create slide content
Insert and format text
- Change text to WordArt, create multiple columns in a single shape, insert hyperlinks, apply formatting and styles to text, create bulleted and numbered lists
Insert and format tables
- Create new tables, modify number of rows and columns, apply table styles, import tables from external sources
Insert and format charts
- Create and modify chart styles, insert charts, modify chart type, add legends to charts, modify chart parameters, import charts from external sources
Insert and format SmartArt
- Add shapes to SmartArt, change color of SmartArt, move text within SmartArt shapes, reverse direction, convert lists to SmartArt
Insert and format images
- Resize images, crop images, apply effects, apply styles
Insert and format media
- Adjust media window size, trim timing on media clips, set start/stop times, set media options, link to external media
- Insert and format text
- Apply transitions and animations
Apply transitions between slides
- Insert transitions between slides, manage multiple transitions, modify transition effect options
Animate slide content
- Apply animations to shapes, apply animations to text strings, add paths to animations, modify animation options
Set timing for transitions and animations
- Modify duration of effects, configure start and finish options, reorder animations, use the Animation pane
- Apply transitions between slides
- Manage multiple presentations
Merge content from multiple presentations
- Merge multiple presentations, reuse slides from other presentations, view multiple presentations
Track changes and resolve differences
- Set track changes, modify options for track changes, discard changes from specific users, manage comments
Protect and share presentations
- Encrypt presentations with a password, proof presentations, mark as final, compress media, embed fonts, restrict permissions, remove presentation metadata, check for accessibility issues, check for compatibility issues
- Merge content from multiple presentations
- From the community
MOS 2013 Study Guide for Microsoft PowerPoint
Published: October 2013
Learn to demonstrate your expertise with PowerPoint. Practice and prepare for the 2013 PowerPoint Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam, with this all-in-one study guide. Find full, objective-by-objective exam coverage, along with easy-to-follow procedures and illustrations to review essential skills. Plus, get hands-on practice tasks, apply what you've learned. The guide includes downloadable practice files.
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who use Office to build secure and flexible applications.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.