- September 3, 2013Published:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office 2013 suitesTechnology:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)Credit toward certification:
Excel 2013 Expert Part Two
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Manage and share workbooks
Manage multiple workbooks
- Modify existing templates, merge multiple workbooks, manage versions of a workbook, copy styles from template to template, copy macros from workbook to workbook, link to external data
- Manage multiple workbooks
- Apply custom formats and layouts
Apply custom data formats
- Create custom formats (Number, Time, Date), create custom accounting formats, use advanced Fill Series options
Apply custom styles and templates
- Create custom color formats, create and modify cell styles, create and modify custom templates, create form fields
- Apply custom data formats
- Create advanced formulas
Apply functions in formulas
- Utilize the IF function in conjunction with other functions, utilize AND/OR functions, utilize nested functions, utilize SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS, and COUNTIFS functions
- Utilize the watch window, consolidate data, enable iterative calculations, utilize What If analysis tools (including Goal Seek), utilize the Scenario Manager, use financial functions
- Apply functions in formulas
- Create advanced charts and tables
Create and manage PivotCharts
- Create new PivotCharts, manipulate options in existing PivotCharts, apply styles to PivotCharts
- Create and manage PivotCharts
Who should take this exam?
Expert-level candidates for the Excel 2013 exam should have an advanced understanding of the Excel environment and the ability to guide others in the proper use of features in Excel 2013 of Office Professional Plus. They should know and be able to demonstrate the use of advanced and specialized features within the application.
Candidates should be able to create, manage, and distribute professional spreadsheets for a variety of specialized purposes and situations, and they should know how to customize their Excel environment to meet needs and enhance productivity. Workbook examples include custom business templates, multiple axis financial charts, amortization tables, and inventory schedules. Candidate roles might include accountants, financial analysts, data analysts, commercial bankers, and others.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.