- February 28, 2007Published:
- English, RussianLanguages:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007Technology:
- MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007Credit toward certification:
MOS: Using Microsoft Office Excel 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Create and manipulate data
- Insert data by using AutoFill, ensure data integrity, modify cell contents and formats, change worksheet views, manage worksheets
- Format data and content
- Format worksheets, insert and modify rows and columns, format cells and cell content, format data as a table
- Create and modify formulas
- Reference data in formulas, summarize data by using a formula, summarize data by using subtotals, conditionally summarize data by using a formula, look up data by using a formula, use conditional logic in a formula, format or modify text by using formulas, display and print formulas
- Present data visually
- Create and format charts, modify charts, apply conditional formatting, insert and modify illustrations, outline data, sort and filter data
- Collaborate on and secure data
- Manage changes to workbooks, protect and share workbooks, prepare workbooks for distribution, save workbooks, set print options for printing data, worksheets, and workbooks
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam should have the equivalent of six months to one year of hands-on experience creating business deliverables with Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and might have experience with previous versions of Office Excel. These candidates are especially effective and efficient at creating and manipulating data, formatting data and content, creating and modifying formulas, presenting data visually, and collaborating on and securing data.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.