- April 16, 2007Published:
- English, RussianLanguages:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007Technology:
- MOSCredit toward certification:
MOS: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Create and format presentations (15-20%)
- Create new presentations, customize slide masters, add elements to slide masters, create and change presentation elements, arrange slides
- Create and format slide content (30-35%)
- Insert and format text boxes; manipulate text; add and link existing content to presentations; apply, customize, modify, and remove animations
- Work with visual content (25-30%)
- Create SmartArt diagrams, modify SmartArt diagrams, insert illustrations and shapes, modify illustrations, arrange illustrations and other content, insert and modify charts, insert and modify tables
- Collaborate on and deliver presentations (15-20%)
- Review presentations, protect presentations, secure and share presentations, prepare printed materials, prepare for and rehearse presentation delivery
- Instructor-led training
- 50043A: Preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Exam in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (one day)
- From the community
- Follow @MSLearning
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 Step by Step
Published: January 2007
The smart way to learn Office PowerPoint 2007—one step at a time! Work at your own pace through the easy, numbered steps, practice files on CD, helpful hints, and troubleshooting help to master the fundamentals of working with Office PowerPoint 2007, including how to navigate the easy-to-use user interface. Discover how to create presentation outlines, work with slide masters and slide designs, add graphics and drawings, and publish your presentations to the web. Learn how to add narrations, custom animations, and more! With Step by Step, you can take just the lessons you need or work from cover to cover. Either way, you drive the instruction—building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them! The set includes a companion CD with hands-on practice files.
Who should take this exam?
This exam is designed for individuals who have the equivalent of 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience creating business deliverables with Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 and who might have experience with previous versions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint. Candidates are especially effective and efficient at creating and formatting presentation masters and templates, creating and formatting slide content, working with dynamic visual content, and collaborating on and delivering presentations.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.