- June 1, 2007Published:
- English, RussianLanguages:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007Technology:
- MOSCredit toward certification:
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
- Manage messaging (25–35%)
- Create and send an email message, create and manage your signature and automated messages, manage email message attachments, configure email message sensitivity and importance settings, configure email message security settings, configure email message delivery options, view email messages
- Manage scheduling (25–35%)
- Create appointments, meetings, and events; send meeting requests; update, cancel, and respond to meeting requests; customize calendar settings; share your calendar with others; view other calendars
- Manage tasks (10–15%)
- Create, modify, and mark tasks as complete; accept, decline, assign, update, and respond to tasks
- Manage contacts and personal contact information (15–20%)
- Create and modify contacts, edit and use an electronic business card, create and modify distribution lists, create a secondary address book
- Organize information (20–25%)
- Categorize Office Outlook 2007 items by color; create and manage Office Outlook 2007 data files; organize mail folders; locate Office Outlook 2007 items by using Search; create, modify, and remove rules to manage email messages; customize your Office Outlook 2007 experience
Who should take this exam?
This exam is designed for users of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 who have the equivalent of six months to one year of hands-on experience managing their own time, tasks, email, and projects by using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and who might have experience with previous versions of Office Outlook. These candidates are especially effective and efficient at managing messaging (including automated messages and message security), managing schedules and tasks, managing contacts and personal contact information, and organizing information.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.