- February 22, 2011Published:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office 2010 suitesTechnology:
- Microsoft Office SpecialistCredit toward certification:
Excel 2010 Expert
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Sharing and maintaining workbooks
Apply workbook settings, properties, and data options
- Setting advanced properties; saving a workbook as a template; importing and exporting XML data
Apply protection and sharing properties to workbooks and worksheets
- Protecting the current sheet; protecting the workbook structure; restricting permissions; requiring a password to open a workbook
Maintain shared workbooks
- Merging workbooks; setting Track Changes options
- Apply workbook settings, properties, and data options
- Applying formulas and functions
- Tracing formula precedents, dependents, and errors; locating invalid data or formulas; correcting errors in formulas
Manipulate formula options
- Setting iterative calculation options; enabling or disabling automatic workbook calculation
Perform data summary tasks
- Using an array formula; using a SUMIFS function
Apply functions in formulas
- Finding and correcting errors in functions; applying arrays to functions; using Statistical, Date and Time, Financial, Text, and Cube functions
- Audit formulas
- Presenting data visually
Apply advanced chart features
- Using Trend lines, Dual axes, chart templates, and Sparklines
Apply data analysis
- Using automated analysis tools; performing What-If analysis
Apply and manipulate PivotTables
- Manipulating PivotTable data; using the slicer to filter and segment your PivotTable data in multiple layers
Apply and manipulate PivotCharts
- Creating, manipulating, and analyzing PivotChart data
Demonstrate how to use the slicer
- Choosing data sets from external data connections
- Apply advanced chart features
- Working with macros and forms
Create and manipulate macros
- Running a macro; running a macro when a workbook is opened; running a macro when a button is clicked; recording an action macro; assigning a macro to a command button; creating a custom macro button on the Quick Access Toolbar; applying modifications to a macro
Insert and manipulate form controls
- Inserting form controls; setting form properties
- Create and manipulate macros
- From the community
MOS 2013 Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Expert
Published: September 2013
Demonstrate your expertise with Microsoft Office! Designed to help you practice and prepare for the 2013 Excel Expert Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams, this all-in-one study guide features:
- Full, objective-by-objective exam coverage
- Easy-to-follow procedures and illustrations to review essential skills
- Hands-on practice tasks to apply what you’ve learned; files included
- Online pre-test to assess your readiness
Use the in-depth exam prep, practice, and review to help advance your proficiency with Microsoft Office—and earn the credential that proves it!
Who should take this exam?
Expert-level Microsoft Office Excel 2010 users are able to efficiently and confidently use Excel 2010 software at the feature and functionality levels. Expert users are proficient with advanced formulas, functions, and data analysis tools. Expert users can manipulate data for analysis, presentation, and collaboration. In addition, expert users can manipulate Excel options to customize their environment to meet varying needs and enhance their productivity.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.