- August 30, 2012Published:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Office 365Technology:
- MOSCredit toward certification:
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Navigate Office 365 (30–35%)
Navigate Office 365 features
- Authentication, home page, Outlook Web App (OWA), team site, My Profile, use Help and Support
Navigate in applications
- Outlook navigation pane, Team view (SharePoint)
- Navigate Office 365 features
- Communicate by using Office 365 Outlook Web Application (25–35%)
- Create and send, review and reply, search and filter, work with attachments, manage rules
- Appointment, meeting request, scheduling assistant, share and share permissions, publish, add calendars, categories, flags and reminders, calendar views
- Add, edit, delete, forward contact information, create group/distribution list, import contacts, search contacts
- Create, update, complete
Configure Outlook Web Application options
- Organize email, groups, settings, phone (sync with phone), block or allow
- Manage email
- Collaborate by using Lync Online (20–25%)
Configure Lync options
- General, personal, status, my picture, phones, alerts, ring tones and sounds, audio device, video device, file saving
Employ collaboration tools and techniques
- Group conversations, web conferences, instant messaging, audio conferencing, video conferencing
Manage Lync contacts
- Groups, relationships, status, activity feeds, conversations
Use Lync tools
- Recording manager, Always on top option, take notes in OneNote, change conversation subject, Lync Attendant
- Configure Lync options
- Manage sites in SharePoint Online (25–30%)
Search for site content
- Search scopes, advanced search, search results
- Tags, My Sites, site management, site settings
Manage site content
- Libraries, page, lists
- Search for site content
Who should take this exam?
This exam is designed for students, office workers, or instructors who need to navigate Office 365 at the feature and functionality level, including Outlook Web App, Lync collaboration functionality, SharePoint Online, and Office Web Apps.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.