- October 19, 2011Published:
- IT professionalsAudiences:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011Technology:
- MCTSCredit toward certification:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation and Deployment
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Plan the installation (17%)
Identify the supporting components of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 implementation
- Active Directory, ADFS 2.0, supported email systems for the email router, Outlook client, reporting extensions, language packs, compatibility with SQL Server 2008 and later, compatibility with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and later, compatibility with Windows Server 2008 and later
Plan the implementation
- Plan multiple-server deployment, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 licensing model and license types, plan Active Directory rights, plan multiple organizations, switch between editions
Identify infrastructure requirements, hardware requirements, and software requirements
- Requirements for each of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM components, requirements for supporting technologies, plan for the number and location of server roles and groups
Plan installation user privileges
- User rights, creating security groups
- Identify the supporting components of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 implementation
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server (19%)
Install services and components
- Identify specific accounts for Microsoft Dynamics CRM services
Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 server
- Install sample data, develop a pre-installation checklist, command-line installation, troubleshoot issues that prevent successful installation, register the installation, register for Windows Updates, deploy a single server, deploy multiple servers
Deploy a Microsoft Dynamics CRM website
- Use Host Headers, when to use HTTPS
- Install services and components
- Install and deploy the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 email router (15%)
Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 email router
- Supported email systems, supported Windows operating systems
Configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 email router
- Create incoming and outgoing email profiles, run the Rule Deployment Wizard against Exchange Server, track token and smart matching options, use forward mailbox and individual mailbox monitoring, configure the deployment and specify default profiles, configure users with the appropriate messaging options
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 email router
- Install and deploy the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook (16%)
Identify supported Outlook versions and supported browsers
- 32-bit and 64-bit Outlook clients and Internet browsers
Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook
- Command-line installation, deployment options, install from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application, identify upgrade options, register for Windows Updates
Configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook
- Work online and offline, configure local data groups, configure for multiple organizations
- Identify supported Outlook versions and supported browsers
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (16%)
Install reporting extensions
- Identify when reporting extensions are required, use different accounts for the application pools in Internet Information Services (IIS), when to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM fetch extension plug-in
Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Internet-facing deployment
- Identify IFD and website requirements, implement claims-based authentication by using Secure Token Services, use AD FS 2.0 as the Secure Token Service
Plan and configure high-availability options
- Cluster SQL Server, multiple Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers, network load balancing
- Install reporting extensions
- Upgrade to and redeploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (17%)
Plan an upgrade
- Identify supported and unsupported components, SQL Server considerations, plan for changes in server URL, upgrade versions earlier than Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, select the most appropriate upgrade method (in-place or migration upgrade)
Move a Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization to new computers by using the Deployment Manager
- Identify the redeployment process, Active Directory considerations, create and import organizations, MUI packs, change an organization’s details, delete an organization
Upgrade multiple servers
- Upgrade a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 deployment, upgrade other components (such as the email router)
- Plan an upgrade
Who should take this exam?
This exam is designed for novice and experienced system administrators, implementation consultants, system integrators, technical staff, and support professionals who plan to install and deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Candidates should also have a general working knowledge of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory, claims-based authentication using ADFS 2.0, IIS, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server database administration, and Microsoft Outlook.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.