- August 29, 2011Published:
- English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, SpanishLanguages:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Technology:
- MCPCredit toward certification:
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Trade and Logistics
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Manage the supply chain foundation (38%)
Manage product information
- Supply chain logistics; define products; model configurable products; authorize product setup in a legal entity; finalize product setup in a legal entity; define products as not stocked
Set up inventory management
- Item types; item groups; item model groups; storage and tracking dimension groups; warehouse management; inventory parameters; define inventory policies
Manage purchase orders
- Work with purchase orders; purchase order types; set up accounts payable purchase parameters; purchase not-stocked items; ship to multiple addresses; manage delivery schedules; change management; process purchase orders; generate a receipts list; generate a product receipt
Manage serial and batch numbers
- Handle storage and tracking dimensions; manual allocation; automatic allocation; tracing
Manage sales orders
- Work with sales orders; sales order types; sales parameters; sales orders for not-stocked items; ship to multiple addresses; use enhanced delivery date control; manage delivery schedules; manage available ship dates and receipt dates; order entry deadlines; direct delivery; generate a sales order confirmation; generate a sales order picking list; process a picking list registration; process a sales order packing slip; ship carrier interfaces
Manage quality and quarantine
- Set up quality management basics; set up automatic quality order generation; create a manual quality order; work with a non-conformance; manage quality reports and certificates; set up parameters for quarantine warehouses; manage item quarantines; manage inventory transactions on quarantined items; item dimension–based quality checks; automatic initiation of quality orders when goods are registered
Manage inventory journals and reports
- Set up inventory journals; manage inventory adjustment and movement journals; transfer journals; BOM journals; count journals; create a journal-specific setup; tag-count journals; ABC inventory classification; inventory reports; forecast reports; inventory blocking
- Manage product information
- Manage distribution and trade (31%)
Manage over/under delivery and charges
- Over/under delivery setup and transactions; methods of adding a charge; price settings; charge codes; manual charges; automatic charges; landed cost charges; add charges to a purchase order invoice; allocate charges; maximum approval limits
Manage customer and vendor agreements
- Activate trade agreements; set up trade agreements; trade agreement parameters; trade agreement policies; supplementary items; manage purchase and sales agreements
Manage item arrival and registration
- Set up item registration; use the arrival overview form; manage not-stocked item arrivals
Manage sales quotations
- Set up sales quotations; work with quotations; manage additional sales quotation features
Manage item reservations
- Reservations, dimensions, and transactions; manual and automatic reservations; selection of lots; explosion reservations; view reservations; block reservations; lock reservations; cancel reservations; batch reservations; pick reserved items
Pick sales orders
- Enable sales order picking and setup; release sales order picking; manage picking operations
- Set up customer returns; create a return order; manage item arrival and receipt registration; manage quarantine orders; manage replacement orders; handle not-stocked item returns; create vendor returns; create vendor returns for serialized items
- Set up a commission; view commission transactions; manage commission transactions for returned items
Manage transfer orders
- Set up transfer orders; use the transfer order form; select items for a transfer order; ship and receive a transfer order; manage goods in transit
- Manage over/under delivery and charges
- Manage bills of materials (31%)
Create simple BOMs
- Use the BOM form; work with BOMs in the BOM Designer; approve and activate BOMs
Create versioned BOMs with versions
- Create BOMs by using the Released Products form; activate multiple BOM versions; copy BOM versions; change BOM versions; create BOMs with a version from the BOM form; create BOMs with versions in the BOM Designer; manage quantity-dependent BOMs; work with validity dates and sub-BOMs on component lines
Work with BOM and product configurations
- Manage BOM configurations; manage product configurations
Work with BOM calculations
- Manage the BOM calculation structure; manage cost groups, profit settings, and calculation groups; view costing versions and BOM calculations; cost and sales price calculations; manage explosion mode and BOM stop explosion
Manage sales orders and BOMs
- Configurable BOMs and sales orders; view BOMs in a sales order; explode a BOM from a sales order; calculate a BOM from a sales order
Manage scrap and measurement
- BOM scrap; BOM measurement
Manage reports and other BOM functionality
- Report a BOM as finished; standard BOM reports; manage other BOM functionality
- Create simple BOMs
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam are individuals who are accountable for the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 trade and logistics functionality. This audience typically includes product designers, store managers, sales and purchase managers, salespeople, purchasers, and other people responsible for bill of materials setup and administration, trade and logistics, inventory and warehouse management, and product information management.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.