- April 26, 2012Published:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Technology:
- MCTSCredit toward certification:
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Service Management
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Manage service agreements (13%)
Create a service agreement header
- Understand the use and impact of project management, project accounting and validation settings; set up project or category validation; set up or use service agreement groups; create service agreement headers
Create service agreement lines
- Create new service agreement lines, search for service agreement lines to copy, understand the concept of service objects, set up service object groups, create service tasks, create service object relations or service task relations, specify service task notes
Create a service agreement from another source
- Copy lines from another service agreement, create service templates and service template groups, copy a service template into a service agreement, create a service agreement from a sales order
- Create a service agreement header
- Manage service orders (13%)
Set up service parameters
- Define settings for service order creation, set up service order default activities, set up service stages, set up and view stage reason codes
Create a service order manually
- Create service order headers, create service orders or service order lines manually, create service object relations or service task relations with service orders, create CRM activities when creating service orders
Create a service order automatically
- Combine service orders, describe service intervals, describe and use time windows, create a service order from a service agreement or sales order
Manage a service order
- Process service orders; create item requirements; cancel or delete service orders; post a service order from a service order, service agreement, or project; post a service order to a project; invoice service orders
- Set up service parameters
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (12%)
Set up SLAs
- Create SLAs, view information about SLAs and service orders, create service agreement groups, filter service agreements by group
Set up time recording
- Start, stop, and restart time recording; create reason codes; understand the process of service order sign-off; define the different service order stages; use service order stages to stop time recording
- Set up SLAs
- Manage the Service Dispatcher (14%)
Set up the Dispatch board
- Set a preferred technician, create activity types, create dispatch teams and assign resources, describe the concept of color-based priorities, set the default date interval on the Dispatch board
Manage service orders by using the Dispatch board
- Describe service order integration, create new service orders and assign activity types, set a default start time on service order headers, set default values on service orders
Manage activities by using the Dispatch board
- Describe activity management in the Dispatch board, create activities on lines, perform typical activity actions, assign time values to activities, reassign activities, change time assignments, monitor activities, view undispatched activities, jump between forms to view activities
- Set up the Dispatch board
- Manage repairs (12%)
Set up a management process
- Understand the repair management process; set up or define symptom areas, symptom codes, and conditions for specified symptoms; set up diagnosis areas and diagnosis codes
Diagnose and repair
- Set up resolutions and repair stages, create and finish repair lines, create service order transactions for repairs
- Set up a management process
- Manage bills of materials (BOMs) versioning (11%)
Create and modify a template BOM
- Create or modify template BOMs
Create and modify a service BOM
- Create service BOMs, describe the functions available for service BOMs, move a service BOM from one service object relation to another, update service BOMs, view service BOM reports, replace component items, modify service BOMs by using the BOM Designer
- Create and modify a template BOM
- Manage service subscriptions (12%)
Create and modify subscriptions and transactions
- Create subscription groups, subscription fee categories, or subscriptions; create and invoice projects; create or adjust subscription fee transactions; set up or update an indexed base price for a subscription
Manage subscription revenue
- Invoice subscription fee transactions, create credit notes for subscription transactions, accrue revenue from subscription fee transactions, reverse subscription accruals, examine ledger transactions and posting of accrued revenue, set up subscription parameters
- Create and modify subscriptions and transactions
- Manage services in the Enterprise Portal (13%)
Manage service orders in the Enterprise Portal for technicians
- Describe service order management in the Enterprise Portal; create, access, or edit service orders; create or edit service order lines; create repair lines; view repair lines, object relation lines, and task relation lines; view service agreements; describe Role Center concepts
Manage service orders in the Enterprise Portal for customers
- Access and view the status of service orders in the Enterprise Portal, create service orders, view subscriptions, review web service orders, transfer web service orders to the service orders form
- Manage service orders in the Enterprise Portal for technicians
Who should take this exam?
This exam is designed for sales consultants, implementation consultants, and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 users who are in service industries and who plan to use service management features in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Candidates should have a general working knowledge of service management processes and of the Microsoft Dynamics AX Service Management module functionalities.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarize yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats, and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.