The globally recognized standard for IT professionals
Note This certification will retire on March 31, 2017. When the certification retires, all individuals whose transcripts list this certification as active on or after September 26, 2016, will retain the active status.
Find out about the replacement certification, MCSE: Productivity.
Earn recognition for your expertise in helping a company organize, sync, collaborate, and share information across the organization.
Earning an MCSE: SharePoint certification will qualify you for a job as systems or network analyst.
- Additional options
You can substitute an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification for the MCSA: Office 365 certification.
You can also earn your MCSE: SharePoint through the following two exams, provided that you have already earned a qualifying MCSA credential:
- How to upgrade to the MCSE: SharePoint certification
You can upgrade these certifications to the MCSE: SharePoint certification.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 Take course 417 Take exam 417 2 Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 Not yet available Take exam 339
- How to recertify your MCSE: SharePoint certification
If you currently hold an MCSE: SharePoint certification and your three-year recertification date is approaching, there are two options for recertification.
Option 1: Recertify by taking this exam:
Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned Recertification for MCSE: SharePoint Take exam 383
Option 2: Recertify through Microsoft Virtual Academy.