Microsoft Software Assurance training vouchers (SATV)
Microsoft Software Assurance for Volume Licensing helps boost organizational productivity with 24x7 support, deployment planning services, end user and technical training, the latest Microsoft software releases, unique technologies, plus support for cloud services adoption, all in one cost-effective program.
Software Assurance training benefits
Software Assurance training benefits help boost productivity by providing technical classroom training for IT professionals and developers, and opportunities to enhance end-user readiness, all designed to ensure effective and efficient deployment, management, support, and adoption of new Microsoft software without impacting your training budget. Software Assurance training benefits provides technical and end-user training through two modalities: Software Assurance E-Learning and Software Assurance training vouchers (SATV).
Technical training. With Software Assurance technical training, you get instructor-led, technical classroom training taught by a Microsoft Learning Partner. Developed by Microsoft experts, these in-depth IT courses are designed to help your staff deploy, manage, support, and adopt new software.
End-user training. With Software Assurance end-user training, you can help your employees gain skills to be more productive with their current software, or ready your employees for new versions with individual, self-paced interactive training delivered via Internet or intranet (e-learning) and/or demonstration sessions developed for larger groups by Microsoft experts.
Using your Software Assurance training benefits through e-learning and training vouchers
- Software Assurance E-Learning
Software Assurance e-learning provides individual, self-paced, interactive Microsoft software training through the Internet or intranet, and is principally for end users. Flexible, self-paced training options help prepare your people for new product implementations—all without impacting your budget.
For every qualifying license covered by Software Assurance, one person in your organization is provided with access to select e-learning courses for that product. For more details on Software Assurance e-learning entitlement, refer to the Microsoft Product List for Volume Licensing.
See a complete list of eligible courses (filter by Program Type: SA)
- Software Assurance E-Learning resources
Use the following resources to learn more about Microsoft Software Assurance E-Learning:
- Overview for Benefit Administrators
- FAQ for Benefit Administrators
- Downloading e-learning content for Benefit Administrators
- Delivery options guide for customers
- Administrator guide
- E-Learning Portal best practices guide
- Benefit delivery best practices guide for customers
- Learner guide
- Online Learning sign-in guide
- Download localized packages containing an overview, FAQ, and delivery, best practices, and user guides:
- Quantifying the value of Software Assurance for Windows client, 2009‒2010 update
- Software Assurance E-Learning deployment guide for Microsoft Office 2010
- Software Assurance training vouchers (classroom training)
Software Assurance training vouchers provide in-depth technical classroom training for IT professionals and developers and demonstration sessions for larger groups of end users. Developed by Microsoft experts and taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs) with a Microsoft Learning Partner, training vouchers help your IT staff deploy, manage, support new software and stay current with technology, and help enable productivity gains and adoption for end users—without impacting your budget.
Eligible courses are as follows:
- Microsoft Official Courseware (designed for IT professionals or developers)
- Demonstration sessions (designed for large groups of end users)
Ineligible courses include courses created for information workers (with the exception of demonstration sessions, as described above) such as:
- Microsoft Office Excel, Office Word, and Office PowerPoint
- Hands-on labs, first-look clinics, or Microsoft Press books
Your company receives a number of training days based on the amount of qualifying Microsoft Office and/or Windows software licenses covered with Software Assurance. Training voucher eligibility depends on having a minimum number of licenses covered by Software Assurance. This number varies by licensing program. For more details on Software Assurance Training Voucher entitlement, refer to the Microsoft Product List for Volume Licensing.
The ability to access your training vouchers expires with your Software Assurance coverage. If you create a training voucher before your Software Assurance coverage expires, the voucher remains valid for 180 days after the date it was created.
- Software Assurance training voucher resources
Use the following resources to learn more about Software Assurance training vouchers: