Licensing options for Independent Software Vendors
Deliver your Unified Solutions to end users with simplified licensing options through the Microsoft Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Royalty Licensing Program.
This licensing program helps make it easy to deliver your business solutions to end users by allowing you to integrate Microsoft products into other applications and then distribute the Unified Solution to end users.
For more information, please see the program guide.
To participate in the ISV Royalty Licensing Program, you must:
- Develop a Unified Solution. Build a value-added solution that uses Microsoft licensed products and distribute the Unified Solution in a tangible media format.
- Enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network. Enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) at any level.
- Designate an ISV Royalty distributor. Work with an authorized Microsoft ISV Royalty Licensing Program distributor to complete the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement packet.
- Complete the agreements. Complete the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement and Microsoft Business and Services Agreement (MBSA).
- Submit the paperwork. Submit the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement and credit application form to your distributor.
- Meet all program requirements. Comply with the full program requirements as outlined in the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement that you get from your distributor.
SQL Server Licensing FAQ (PDF, 256 KB)
Download the datasheet (PDF, 109 KB)