Bing Maps Fleet Tracker Solution
Open source small to medium sized vehicle tracking solution to locate drivers/assets in real time
Bing Maps Fleet Tracker solution on GitHub
Looking for a small fleet tracking solution and don’t know where to start? Using the features of our Bing Maps V8 Web Control and REST services, this open source code is easy to deploy and includes the Azure based back end of services and storage, a web interface for tracking assets, and client code for both iOS and Android phones. Bring Location Intelligence to your applications in industries from trucking and logistics to commercial real estate and everything in between.
Small Fleet Tracker Solution Attributes and Features
Easy to integrate, use and manage application
Mobile phones location or other GPS sources
Detect movement intervals
Geofence Based Alerts
Set alerts for assets outside of set boundaries
Improved reporting and data analysis
Intelligent Fleet Tracking Solution
- Trip Detection - Set parameters such as speed, mileage, coordinates, etc.
- Geofence based alerts
- Extensibility - All source code is provided making it easy to integrate with your own backend data and mobile applications
- Easy to track the location of mobile phones or other sources of GPS info
- Customize code for other GPS sources
More Fleet and Logistics API Services Available from Bing Maps
Optimize fleet operations, reduce costs, and improve CRM with fleet management and logistics API services from Bing Maps.
- Distance Matrix API – Calculate travel times and distance in many-to-many scenarios, with optional an histogram to predict traffic.
- Isochrone API – Provides time-specific isochrones, given the area that can be reach in the time and space criteria.
- Truck Routing API – Determine travel routes that take into consideration a truck or commercial vehicle’s attributes.
- Snap to Road API –Snap the path to the most logical path, using the vehicles GPS trace, as well as returns road attributes, such as speed limit and elevation.
To get started, check out our documentation on GitHub, which includes everything you need to quickly start using the Bing Maps Fleet Tracker solution. And for organizations that would like to take advantage of the Bing Maps Fleet Tracker solution, but don't have developer resources, we have a network of partners who can get you up and running quickly with a customized solution. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about our partners.
A: To try this application, you can use your existing basic account, which will provide up to 125K transactions per calendar year at no charge. When you are ready to deploy this solution, contact a Sales Specialist to determine what licenses you will be needed.
A: The Bing Maps Fleet Tracker solution is built to instantly deploy to Windows Azure; however, it can be hosted on other cloud platforms with some additional coding. See the Out of box Deployment section in the documentation section on GitHub.
A: Contact a Bing Maps Specialist at email@example.com to connect with a Bing Maps partner.
A: This solution is initially available on Android mobile devices; however, support for the iOS operating system is coming soon.