At the European SharePoint Conference in May 2014 in Barcelona, Jeremy Thake caught up with Radi Atanassov about why OAuth is important to developers in the new App Model.
In SharePoint 2013, the OAuth authentication and authorization flow for apps involves a series of interactions between your app, SharePoint 2013, the authorization server, and the end user at runtime. The authorization server in this scenario is Windows Azure Access Control Service (ACS).
- OAuth specification
- MSDN documentation on authorization and authentication
- Got questions or comments about the show? Join O365 Dev Podcast http://aka.ms/Office365DevPodcastYam on the Office 365 Technical Network.
- The podcast RSS has been submitted to all the stores and marketplaces, but takes time. Please add it directly with the RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/Office365DeveloperPodcast.
Radi Atanassov is a professional SharePoint architect, a Microsoft Certified Master in SharePoint and a diehard fanatic when it comes to SharePoint application development. With many years full of development experience, Radi’s background demonstrates strong ambitions to achieve the greatest quality, architecture, attention to detail, and smooth processes when leading teams to create applications on top of SharePoint. Radi is the founder and lead architect of OneBit Software, a Sofia-based SharePoint “mercenary” company providing solution development and SharePoint resources to Microsoft partners and clients around the world. Radi is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer, training SharePoint across learning centers and universities. In his spare time he blogs, writes articles, runs web camps, plays guitar, and leads the Web Platform User Group in Bulgaria. You can find Radi blogging at http://www.sharepoint.bg/radi and tweeting at @RadiAtanassov.
About your host
Jeremy is a newly appointed technical product manager at Microsoft responsible for the Visual Studio Developer story for Office 365 development. Previously he worked at AvePoint Inc, a large ISV as the chief architect shipping two apps to the Office Store. He has been heavily involved in the SharePoint community since 2006 and was awarded the SharePoint MVP award four years in a row before retiring the title to move to Microsoft. You can find Jeremy blogging at http://www.jeremythake.com and tweeting at @jthake.
- Office 365 Developer Center http://dev.office.com/
- Blog http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/dev
- Twitter http://www.twitter.com/OfficeDev
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/OfficeDev
- Yammer Office 365 Technical Network
- O365 Dev Podcast http://aka.ms/Office365DevPodcastYam
- O365 Dev Apps Model http://aka.ms/Office365DevAppsModelYam
- O365 Dev Tools http://aka.ms/Office365DevToolsYam
- O365 Dev APIs http://aka.ms/Office365DevApisYam
- O365 Dev Migration to App Model http://aka.ms/Office365DevMigration
- O365 Dev Links http://aka.ms/Office365DevLinksYam
- UserVoice http://aka.ms/OfficeDevFeedback