I can’t believe it was only a year ago that we launched OneDrive. We wouldn’t be anywhere without the hundreds of millions of people that use OneDrive and I wanted to say thank you on behalf of the entire OneDrive team!
We’ve been working hard to make OneDrive the one place for all of your files — including photos, videos, and documents — available across the devices you use every day for work and life.
Below is my top 10 list of things we did in the past year to improve OneDrive and the related universe of apps that are powered by OneDrive. A lot of these were based on your feedback so thank you and keep it coming:
1. Increased free storage by three times to up to 30 GB (2x base quota, 5x camera roll bonus)
2. Office 365 storage benefit went from 20 GB to UNLIMITED!
3. Launched OneDrive for Business and added it to all our mobile apps
4. Office became free on iPad and Android
5. Partnered with Salesforce.com
6. Increased upload performance by roughly 3 times
7. OneNote powered by OneDrive became free on PCs and Macs
8. Office Lens turns whiteboards and documents into Office files
9. Save and Send files in OneDrive from Outlook.com & OWA accounts
10. Introduced photo albums, tag support, object detection, and search
Thanks for a great year looking forward to the next!
Group Program Manager, OneDrive