Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of several advanced capabilities in Office 365 that are new for the U.S. Government Community. The U.S. Government Community Cloud complies with federal requirements for cloud services, including FedRAMP, as well as with requirements for criminal justice and federal tax information systems.
The new capabilities—including Skype for Business cloud voice, video and meetings services; advanced security workloads; and data analytics tools—together with the core productivity and collaboration capabilities of Office 365, will enable U.S. Government workers to collaborate in new ways and drive digital transformation across all areas of agency operations, all while meeting stringent compliance standards.
Productivity today is centered on conversations, whether it’s a quick instant message, an impromptu phone call or a scheduled meeting with voice, video and content sharing. But government employees’ ability to connect, especially between agencies, has always been limited. Now Skype for Business cloud-based voice, video and meetings in Office 365 enable U.S. Government Community Cloud customers to replace their legacy meeting and phone systems with modern voice and meetings that are integrated with the work civil servants are already doing in Office, providing greater continuity as they collaborate and communicate throughout their day. The new Skype for Business services include:
- PSTN Conferencing—Provides the ability to dial in to a meeting from a traditional phone, as well as the option to join a meeting with a single click on your PC or mobile device.
- Cloud PBX—Enables companies to eliminate separate PBX systems and transition to the cloud with Office 365 as the central location to manage users for communication.
- PSTN Calling—Gives Office 365 customers the ability to subscribe to Microsoft-managed calling plans and phone numbers.
With Skype for Business cloud voice and meetings in Office 365, U.S. Government Community Cloud customers can now simplify their infrastructure, lower costs and empower employees like never before.
Advanced security to protect your organization
We are also now offering U.S. Government Community Cloud customers significant security capabilities aimed at dramatically improving their ability to protect their organization’s information. The new capabilities include:
- Customer Lockbox—Gives customers new approval rights, transparency and control over their data in the cloud.
- Advanced eDiscovery—Integrates Equivio machine learning, predictive coding and text analytics capabilities, to reduce the costs and challenges that come along with sorting through large quantities of data for eDiscovery purposes.
- Advanced Threat Protection—Protects against unknown malware and viruses by applying behavioral analysis.
Finally, we are now offering advanced data analytics capabilities in Office 365 to U.S. Government Community Cloud customers that will enable the government to reduce costs and uncover data insights to provide better services to citizens.
- Power BI Pro—A business analytics service that enables information workers to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency and understanding through live data dashboards, interactive reports and compelling visualizations.
- Microsoft MyAnalytics—Empowers individuals through rich dashboards that provide insights on time and relationships, with the goal of helping individuals get time back and spend it more effectively.
U.S. Government Community Cloud customers can now use the most secure, most comprehensive productivity solution on the market, with the assurance that Office 365 will continue to evolve to meet their changing needs.
Connect with a Microsoft representative to find out how Office 365 enhanced workloads can support your digital transformation efforts or sign up for a free trial to experience the new capabilities yourself.