Microsoft 365 Business Basic
• Host email with a 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain address.
• Create a hub for teamwork to connect people using Microsoft Teams.
• Use Office apps for the web, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote (plus Access and Publisher for PC only).
• Store and share files with 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage per user.
• Facilitate online meetings and video conferencing for up to 300 users.
• Get help anytime with around-the-clock phone and web support from Microsoft.
Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, and the two most recent versions of macOS. All languages included.
Talk to an expert
To speak to a sales expert, call
Do your best work with powerful tools
Bring your ideas to life and connect with others using powerful collaboration, chat, and videoconferencing tools. Communicate with professional email and help keep business data safe with online storage.
Email and calendars
Get business-class email with Outlook, including a 50 GB mailbox per user, and send attachments of up to 150 MB.
1 TB of secure cloud storage per user
Get 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage to edit and share documents, photos, and more from anywhere, on all your devices.
Office apps on the web
Use always-up-to-date Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook on the web. Simultaneously collaborate with others in the same document in real time, across web, mobile, and different devices—no installation required.
Instant messaging and online meetings
Chat, meet, and collaborate with Microsoft Teams. Combine messaging, voice calls, video calls, and availability in one app.
Intranet and team sites
Inform and engage your organization and connect people to content, knowledge, and processes with team sites through SharePoint. Tell your story with beautiful, easy-to-use sites.
Connect your business
Work from anywhere
Host meetings with up to 300 attendees, make and receive calls in Microsoft Teams, and chat internally and externally with partners and clients using guest access.
Collaborate in real time
Create, share, and collaborate with Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access apps on the web in your favorite browser—no app installation required.
Get 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage
Share documents, upload files, and sync libraries. Access documents in real time and create shareable links, and grant access to employees and business partners.
See how Microsoft Teams helps you manage business
Get more with Microsoft 365 Business Voice
Make and receive phone calls from anywhere with a cloud-based phone system in Microsoft Teams. Enjoy cloud calling features like consultative transfer, music on hold, and cloud voicemail.
Microsoft 365 Business Basic supports a maximum of 300 users. If you have more than 300 users or think you will soon, take a look at our enterprise plan options.
You can pay with all major credit cards, and your subscription amount will appear on your credit card statement. You have the option to receive an invoice and, depending on your choice of services, you’ll be billed monthly or annually. You’ll receive an email message when your invoice is ready for viewing and, if you enter a purchase order (PO) number when you buy your subscription, that number will be included in your invoice.
You can choose a monthly commitment payment or an annual commitment payment for Microsoft 365.
- Monthly commitment payment: You pay month to month, and you can cancel at any time.
- Annual commitment payment: You sign up for a one-year subscription and choose to pay month to month or pay for the entire year in a single payment at the time you sign up. There is a discount for using this payment option.
You can cancel your subscription at any time; you may be entitled to a partial refund. Read the complete Microsoft Online Subscription Agreement.
Your data is yours. If you decide to cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription, you can download your data—for example, your email and documents on team sites—and save it to another location. You should save your data before you cancel. After you cancel your subscription, data associated with your Microsoft 365 account will be available to your administrator(s) in a limited-function account for 90 days.
Yes, you can transition your account to a different plan.
In most cases, you can use the switch plans wizard in your Admin Center to upgrade your plan. If your subscription has more than 300 users or if you used a prepaid card to purchase your plan, the switch plans wizard is not available. Plans that are not eligible for the switch plans wizard can be upgraded manually. Learn more about switching Microsoft 365 plans.
NOTE: When you change your account, your domain name is transferred to your new account, whether you brought your existing domain name to the Microsoft 365 account or you set up a new domain name with Microsoft 365.
We changed the name to be more reflective of the range of features and benefits in the subscription. As a result, Office 365 business plans are now Microsoft 365 business plans. New name, same great value, same price, including best-in-class Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and advanced security.
- Office 365 Business Essentials is now Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium is now Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business is now Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business is now Microsoft 365 Apps for business
There are no price or feature changes for small and medium business plans.
See more solutions for your business
1. After your one-month free trial, you’ll be charged the applicable subscription fee. A credit card is required. Cancel any time to stop future charges.