Office 365 E5
Office 365 E5 is a cloud-based suite of Microsoft 365 productivity apps combined with advanced voice, analytics, security, and compliance services.
- Install Microsoft 365 for mobile on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five phones per user.
- Make, receive, and transfer business calls from anywhere, using any device.
- Make informed decisions with data analytics and visualization.
- Safeguard your organization against malicious threats posed by email messages, links (URLs), and collaboration tools.
- Assess your compliance risks, govern and protect sensitive data, and effectively respond to regulatory requirements.
Talk with an expert
To speak with a sales expert, call 1-855-270-0615. Available Mon to Fri from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
Office 365 E5 includes
Benefits unique to Office 365 E5
Microsoft Teams Phone Standard
Enable call control and Private Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities in the cloud with Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing
Conduct or call in to meetings from your phone with Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing, which allows up to 250 phone attendees.
Power BI Pro
Deliver insights to enable fast, informed decisions with business analytics.
Microsoft Defender for Office 365 – Plan 2
Protect your organization against sophisticated attacks such as phishing and zero-day malware.
Microsoft 365 Cloud App Security
Get rich visibility into the apps used in your organization, sophisticated analytics to identify and combat cyberthreats, and real-time monitoring and control over data travel.
Shared Office 365 features
Subscribe to a calling plan from Microsoft 365 and use existing phone numbers or get new ones.
Microsoft Teams Premium
Help make every meeting more personalized, intelligent, and secure.
Microsoft Viva Insights (manager and leader insights)
Understand the impact of work patterns on employee wellbeing and business outcomes. Default safeguards help protect individual privacy.
Microsoft Viva Learning
Seamlessly integrate access to learning content into the places employees already spend their time.
Microsoft Priva Privacy Risk Management
Help identify and protect against privacy risks, and automate and manage subject requests at scale.
Help reduce costs with Microsoft 365
Cut licensing costs by more than 60 percent per user compared to a patchwork of point solutions through consolidation using Microsoft 365 E3.4
Get more done with Microsoft 365
Help people and teams do their best work
Microsoft 365 uses the power of the cloud to help people and organizations be more productive.
Upgrade to Microsoft 365 E5
Microsoft 365 E5 is an enterprise solution with best-in-class productivity apps and advanced security, compliance, voice, and analytical capabilities.
Office 365 vs. Microsoft 365
Discover which solution will meet your organization’s needs.
Get information on Microsoft 365 planning, deployment, and more.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. If you need to upgrade, you can transition your account to a different plan. For example, you can upgrade from an Office 365 E3 plan to an Office 365 E5 plan.
In most cases, you can use the Switch plans wizard in your Admin center to upgrade your plan. If your subscription has more than 300 users or if you used a prepaid card to purchase your plan, the Switch plans wizard is not available. Plans that are not eligible for the Switch plans wizard can be upgraded manually. Learn more about upgrading Office 365 plans.
NOTE: When you upgrade your account, your domain name is transferred to your new account, whether you brought your own domain name to the Microsoft 365 account or you set up a domain name with Microsoft 365.
You can cancel your subscription at any time. For annual commitment subscriptions, such as Office 365 E5, there is a penalty for cancelling before the end of your contract. Read the complete Microsoft Online Subscription Agreement.
Your data is yours. If you decide to cancel your Office 365 subscription, you can download your data—for example, your email and documents on team sites—and save it to another location. You should save your data before you cancel. After you cancel your subscription, data associated with your Microsoft 365 account will be available to your administrator(s) in a limited function account for 90 days.
Yes. If you purchase an Office 365 subscription with the same number of user accounts you created by the end of your free trial, the information and configuration for these users' accounts will remain intact. Once your free trial expires, you won't be able to continue using Office 365 for free. You will have an additional 30 days to purchase Office 365 before your account information is erased. Once your trial account information has been erased, it cannot be retrieved.
Internet access is required to install and activate all Office 365 plans and to manage your subscription account. Internet connectivity is also required to access Microsoft 365 cloud productivity services, including email, conferencing, IT management, and other services.
Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Microsoft 365, for example, Office 365 E5 and Office 365 E3. One of the benefits of having the desktop version of Microsoft 365 apps is that you can work offline and have the confidence that the next time you connect to the internet all your work will automatically sync, so you never have to worry about your documents being up to date. Your desktop version of Microsoft 365 is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the internet, so you always have the latest tools to help you work. Compare Office 365 plans.
FastTrack for Microsoft 365 is the customer success service that helps you move to Microsoft 365, smoothly and with confidence, and deliver business value faster.
The FastTrack Center is a team of hundreds of engineers around the globe, committed to providing IT professionals and partners with a successful Microsoft 365 experience.
Our FastTrack engineers will provide you with remote and personalized assistance to help you prepare your technical environment and ensure a smooth onboarding and migration experience.
The FastTrack Center will contact eligible customers within 30 days of purchasing Office 365. FastTrack resources and services are included in Office 365 for customers with at least 150 seats of Office 365 Enterprise plans, as well as paid Government, Kiosk, and Nonprofit plans.
Plans and pricing
You can pay with all major credit cards, and your subscription amount will appear on your credit card statement. You also have the option to receive an invoice and, depending on your choice of services, you will be billed monthly or annually. You receive an email message when your invoice is ready to be viewed and, if a purchase order (PO) number is entered when you buy your subscription, that number will be included in your invoice.
Annual commitment payment is available for Office 365 Enterprise plans. With annual commitment, you sign up for a one-year subscription, but you can choose to pay month to month or pay for the entire year at the time you sign up.
Yes, discounts are available for Enterprise Agreement customers who want to purchase through volume licensing. A Microsoft partner can help you explore the purchasing options for large enterprises and help you determine which is best for you. Learn more about volume licensing. Find a Microsoft partner.
E5 delivers the most comprehensive, most secure Office 365 plan for business ever. E5 customers receive collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams Phone system and Audio Conferencing and personal and organizational analytics with Microsoft MyAnalytics and Power BI, all while getting unprecedented control over their data with Access Control and protection against advanced threats with Microsoft Defender for Microsoft 365. Compare Office 365 Enterprise plans.
You can upgrade to E5 now, or wait until it’s time to renew and make the switch during the renewal process.
- If you bought your subscription through an account representative or partner, work with that representative or partner to upgrade.
- If you bought your subscription directly from Microsoft, you can complete the upgrade yourself in the Microsoft 365 admin center. To complete the upgrade yourself now, see Upgrade from Office 365 E4 to E5.
-  Cancellation policies for paid subscriptions may vary based on factors such as your customer status, your product, and your domain selections on Microsoft. You may cancel your subscription at any time in the Microsoft 365 admin center. Certain subscriptions may incur a cancellation fee. Learn how to cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription. When a subscription is canceled, all associated data will be deleted. Learn more about data retention, deletion, and destruction in Microsoft 365.
-  After your one-month free trial ends, your subscription will automatically convert into a 12-month paid subscription and you will be charged the applicable subscription fee. Cancel anytime during your free trial to stop future charges. Credit card required to sign-up. Learn more.
-  Unlimited OneDrive storage for subscriptions of five or more users. Microsoft will provide initial 5 TB of OneDrive storage per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft support. Subscriptions for fewer than five users receive 1 TB OneDrive storage per user.
-  Forrester Consulting, The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft 365 E3, commissioned by Microsoft, October 2022. Results are for a composite organization based on 15 customers as stated in the linked study.
-  Enterprise Strategy Group, Exploring the Economic Benefits of Windows 365, commissioned by Microsoft, June 2022.
-  Forrester Consulting, The Total Economic Impact™ of Zero Trust Solutions From Microsoft, commissioned by Microsoft, December 2021. Results are for a composite organization based on 5 customers as stated in the linked study.
-  Forrester Consulting, The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft 365 E5, commissioned by Microsoft, December 2020. Results are for a composite organization based on 10 customers as stated in the linked study.