Windows Virtual Desktop
The best virtual desktop experience, delivered on Azure.
Deliver the only multi-session Windows 10 experience
Provide your users with the only multi-session Windows 10—virtualized in the cloud, highly scalable, always up to date, and available on any device.
Provide an experience optimized for Office 365 ProPlus
Deliver Office 365 ProPlus with multi-session virtual scenarios that provide your users with the most productive virtualized experience.
Migrate your Windows Server desktops and apps to Azure
Move your Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment to Azure with a simplified infrastructure management and deployment experience.
Deploy and scale in minutes
Frequently asked questions
Windows Virtual Desktop is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service running on the cloud. It is the only service that delivers simplified management, multi-session Windows 10, optimizations for Office 365 ProPlus, and support for Remote Desktop Services environments. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale your Windows desktops and apps on Azure in minutes, with built-in security and compliance.
- Multi-session Windows 10 that delivers the cost advantages of server-based virtualization
- The best service to virtualize Office 365 ProPlus running in multi-user virtual scenarios
- The only service to provide Windows 7 virtual desktop with free Extended Security Updates, giving you more options to support legacy applications while you transition to Windows 10
- The option to bring your existing Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Windows Server desktops and apps
- The ability to manage Windows 10, Windows Server, and Windows 7 desktops and apps all with a unified management experience on Azure
- A seamless way to virtualize both desktops and apps
If you’re virtualizing desktops or apps with Windows 10 or Windows 7, there is no additional cost if you are a Microsoft 365 E3, E5, Business, F1, A3 or A5 customer or a Windows 10 Enterprise E3, E5, A3 or A5 customer.
Access Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer with Windows Virtual Desktop at no additional cost if you are a Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Client Access License (CAL) customer.
Customers can also access Windows 10 and Windows 7 with Windows Virtual Desktop from their non-Windows Pro endpoints if they have a M365 E3/E5 or VDA per user license.