This patented approach is the culmination of 50 years of work. It is appropriate for all ages - as young as 3! It works...what more can I say? For a mere $1.99/month subscription (with a 1 week FREE trial at the beginning) the user has access to the entire app plus all upgrades and additions. Learning to play the piano at a young age promotes fantastic brain development. However, this requires many simultaneous skills. This app presents these skills one at a time in an easy and enjoyable format. No teacher is required. A child can use this app independently. It is incredible to watch a child play the piano with both hands simultaneously! SHOW ME: Learn how each song sounds....makes it MUCH easier to learn to play. Also sing along if desired since words are included. TEACH ME: Play on proper keys with proper fingers. Songs may be played on a touch screen or MIDI keyboard or controller. NOTES: Learn that foreign language called "music notation"! Many parents and teachers are intrigued with this method and want more information. The Anybody Can Play website has FREE downloadable games and worksheets, plus photos, videos and in-depth information about topics of interest. Have fun learning to play the piano and making music. This is a gift that can never be taken away from you or your child! NOTE: If using TEACH ME with MIDI keyboard or controller connected: unplugging MIDI device, minimizing app, switching apps, or allowing computer/tablet to "go to sleep" may cause app to exit. Simply restart app (may have to disconnect and reconnect MIDI)....our apologies. Microsoft is aware of this issue and we hope it is resolved soon.
- Visually teaches one step at a time for ease in understanding and learning.
- May be used by a touch screen computer or tablet alone or connected to a MIDI keyboard or controller. This not only promotes pattern recognition but also makes it possible to practice on real keys.
- Indicates correct key(s) and finger(s) by color coding. This promotes not only proper technique, but trains muscle memory for accuracy.
- Demonstrates the songs since a familiar song is MUCH easier to learn! Lyrics are included for “sing alongs”.
- Utilizes the same set of songs for each level, thereby accelerating technical progress.
- Allows user to practice small parts at a time.
- Allows user to hide color coded indicators in order to enhance memory. Indicators do, however, show when a mistake is made, but immediately “hide” again.