The Prime Machine is an English language learning, teaching and research tool, designed to provide users with a multitude of examples from corpus texts and additional information about the contextual environment in which words and combinations of words occur. It is a client-server app, allowing you to search from a range of pre-prepared English language corpora. Users can type in words or phrases and view concordance lines and other corpus data. It has research tools for more advanced concordancing, and there are also DIY corpus tools allowing small collections of your own English texts to be analysed and compared with the ready-made online corpora.
What's new in this version
Another important change to the default server connection properties (issue with DNS had to be resolved). Other very minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Features to make it easy for English language learners to notice and explore patterns of language use in corpora
- Instant access to several English language corpora
- Search support features
- Side by side comparisons
- Methods for sorting concordance lines
- Graphs and filtering for different priming features
- Simple Research Tools for student projects
- Tools for Ready-Made and DIY Corpora